Powerstar's First Cut Chopping 2006 (Bampfield Farm)

Powerstarâ„¢

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the forager driver blow the silage to the right, most I've seen blow to the left?

Also, do they bring an extra trailer around to every farm? Our contractor would usually have an extra trailer, but youd have to get it out of his yard yourself. He doesnt use a rake mind you, and the mowers would be way ahead

Why does the forager driver blow the silage to the right, most I've seen blow to the left?

Also, do they bring an extra trailer around to every farm? Our contractor would usually have an extra trailer, but youd have to get it out of his yard yourself. He doesnt use a rake mind you, and the mowers would be way ahead

All of the forager drivers blow to the right here, it's safer when you want to get out etc.

Yes they do bring an extra trailer to everyfarm normally on the back of the forager.

No rake  :o Must take you ages?

nice pics agian Luke!!  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks young Benjamin  ;)

some job mate what do you normally do all day just stand and wait to take photos of grass equipment??

Must be boring standing waiting all winter ??  :D :D

Why does the deere have rear duals with a front mounted buckrake??

Surely would be better packing if it was on the rear??

All of the forager drivers blow to the right here, it's safer when you want to get out etc.

Yes they do bring an extra trailer to everyfarm normally on the back of the forager.

No rake  :o Must take you ages?

Now why would the forager driver want to get out while filling a trailer?? ;D ;D ;D

As for raking, the grass is usually gouped 20ft into one swath, plus people around here tend to take heavier cuts later, so any wider and the forager couldnt cope. Wont see any action until June I expect.

Now why would the forager driver want to get out while filling a trailer?? ;D ;D ;D

As for raking, the grass is usually gouped 20ft into one swath, plus people around here tend to take heavier cuts later, so any wider and the forager couldnt cope. Wont see any action until June I expect.

Must be really frustrating not getting any action until then  :D

I'm not aware of anyone using a 4 rotor rake in Ireland as the crops are too heavy - and if they did they would need >200hp underneath it.

I did a tour yesterday and none of our main contractors are out yet. I did see two fields mowed out in West Waterford on Wednesday night - I smelt it before I saw it - but the crop looked very light.

Super pics Powerstar. Many thanks. I hope to be able to return the compliment very soon.

As allways, excellent pictures mate! My favourite has to be the Claas Jaguar coming down the lane, would make an excellent computer background! Just one quick question, what type of camera do you use? Really like the quality picures you produce with it! :)

Great photos luke what years are the 714's ???  Is there many down were you are as prefer the 716 up here

The 714's were 53 & 52 reg - he does run 2 or 3 716's too!

I'm not aware of anyone using a 4 rotor rake in Ireland as the crops are too heavy - and if they did they would need >200hp underneath it.

I did a tour yesterday and none of our main contractors are out yet. I did see two fields mowed out in West Waterford on Wednesday night - I smelt it before I saw it - but the crop looked very light.

Super pics Powerstar. Many thanks. I hope to be able to return the compliment very soon.

I hope you can too! Thanks SPN.

Good god your the man for silage picture's mate.

The fendts looked well fit. 8)

Oh I know, Nothing better! The Fendt's sounded fit too Oli!

:P :P :P

Lovley pics Luke, where still looking at June for 1st here :-\ :-\ :-\

Not too much more of a wait then, get your batteries charged, or will it be dodgy Razr quality :-\

As allways, excellent pictures mate! My favourite has to be the Claas Jaguar coming down the lane, would make an excellent computer background! Just one quick question, what type of camera do you use? Really like the quality picures you produce with it! :)

You can put it as your background if you want CCF I'm not stopping you! I use a 2 year old Vivitar ViviCam 3765 - getting on a bit, but as you say produces great quality pics.