John Deere 6150M

I thought I'd start a new topic for the M series Deere that I've gone back to working on. This started out as a Britains 6150R. I removed the cab and adapted one off a Siku 6920 to fit the frame. To this I added the lights from the R's cab as these are the same as the M's. I also added scratch-built mirrors and grab handles and a larger exhaust to match the real one. At the rear I removed the Britains hitch as I feel these let the model down and scratch built a new moveable linkage. Inside the cab I altered the right hand console and dash to match the Ms interior and today I have added the gear stick, hand throttle, spool and pick-up hitch levers etc. The front wheels are from a 6920, the rears the original with the tyre valves added. There is still quite a bit of work left before it gets some paint, mainly to the hitch with assistor rams, pick-up hitch and so-on, and I'm still undecided whether or not to add a loader to it but here's a few pictures of my progress so far:)

WP_20171020_17_44_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20171021_16_20_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20171021_16_46_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20171021_16_43_58_Pro.jpg

WP_20171020_17_41_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20171021_16_41_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20171021_16_51_08_Pro.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Martin, the 7000 was going to become a Roadless, but I'm toying with the idea of a County 754 at the moment. The T cab's at a bit of a standstill as the paint hasn't gone on as well as I would like, need a bit less humidity I think!

10 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Martin, the 7000 was going to become a Roadless, but I'm toying with the idea of a County 754 at the moment. The T cab's at a bit of a standstill as the paint hasn't gone on as well as I would like, need a bit less humidity I think!

Don't hold your breath. A 754 would look really smart with the Duncan cab. 

7 hours ago, FendtFarmer said:

You forgot the lift rods for the pick up hitch ;) or have you had a bill bennet hitch fitted?? 

Nope, they are still to add, although I doubt I'll still be able to keep the linkage movable as they are going to be quite small, so they may not be put on yet, still pondering that one. :)Not sure if my fingers can manage to fit them either:D

Thanks for all the kind comments chaps, I always feel that the rear linkage is an opinion-divider on models, some want to be able to add off-the-shelf implements to their tractors, others feel that the standard two point hitch is rather crude and often too bulky for the model. For me it depends on what I want from the model, if it is just to put on a display then the Britains hitch is fine as it does allow the easy attachment of trailers and such, for a shelf-model then I do like to see an authentic hitch especially as on modern tractors the back-end has become much more involved than the days when everyone ran grey fergies and dextas:)

Thanks for that Joe, yes, his work is amazing isn't it, way beyond the capability of my talents I'm afraid! I'm guessing he has quite a bit of spare time to devote to his passion and that he is not blessed with farmers hands either:D

9 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

Looking well!

The 6710 caught my eye in the back! That looks interesting

Thanks Zac, the 6710 was done about 6 years ago now from a Britains 5000 chassis and the bonnet and cab from the original TW20. It rolled off a 4' high shelf the other week, so is in for a few repairs!

52 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Zac, the 6710 was done about 6 years ago now from a Britains 5000 chassis and the bonnet and cab from the original TW20. It rolled off a 4' high shelf the other week, so is in for a few repairs!

Good job it is well built - being a ford. :D

Still undecided whether or not to fit a loader, tried one off a Britains 6125 which seems a good fit and can be greatly improved with some piping and such, just pondering at the moment:) Also thinking of changing the rear wheels to ones from siku 7530 which are a better match to what the 6150 was available with, plus I've got loads of them in my spares box:D

WP_20171024_09_13_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20171024_09_12_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20171024_14_34_15_Pro (2).jpg

Archived