John Deere 6150M

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jamie, making the loader removable is something I've been thinking about for a while, just never got round to having a go at it. For me the beauty of this is now I only need to add the loader brackets to other tractors that would take that size loader and it can be swapped between them, so I only have to add the extra detail to one loader. My next plan is to do such as a Quickie or Trima loader that can be swapped between other makes of tractors as well, don't think a Deere loader would look right on a Case or New Holland some how!:D

Thanks Sean, I intended to do the wiking loader for this one as I have a spare, but thought I'd try it with the Britains one first in case I made a pigs ear of it!:D I will  cut the fixed legs off this one and fit some adjustable ones so that it can be displayed off the tractor. I have a couple of the wiking 7430's with loaders on and eventually I'd like to do the same to one of them, however the price that they are fetching now makes my hand start shaking as soon as I think of going anywhere near them with the dremmel :blink::D

• 4 weeks later...

A little bit more done on this one, finally got some paint on the loader brackets and linkage, wheels still to paint and loader stands still to be made moveable. The loader also needs its pipework and spool block adding.:)

WP_20171119_15_25_36_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20171119_15_26_11_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20171119_15_30_22_Pro (2).jpg

I've also come across a John Deere 640A loader that I scratch-built for the 6400, unfortunately someone stood on it before it was finished!:( Hopefully I might get around to rebuilding it and finally getting the 64 finished!

WP_20171119_18_34_09_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20171119_18_30_06_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20171119_18_35_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20171119_18_31_23_Pro.jpg

9 hours ago, Jd6320driver said:

3 Nice builds there john the rear linkages really set them off

Thanks Hugh, there's a fair bit of time lost making a rear linkage, especially if you want it to be moveable, but I do think it makes a big difference to the finished model

A little bit of an experiment and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the results. Like many others, I've always felt that the plastic bonnets on Britain's are a bit of a let down on what are otherwise a good model, and spraying them needs a lot of masking to make a tidy job. Anyway, I've had a tin of high gloss clear lacquer on the shelf for months and thought it might be worth giving the plastic a coat, so the grill was masked off to keep it matt and then the bonnet and cab roof were sprayed. The plastic now has a shine very similar to being painted,  I've also given the bonnet on the 4220 the same treatment. 

WP_20171127_10_23_26_Rich (3).jpg

WP_20171127_10_23_35_Rich (2).jpg

Thanks Paul, it's hard to show the difference that it makes with the photos, but it has given the plastic a look of being painted now that matches the metal on the rest of the model. Needless to say, there's a lot of bonnets that are going to be given the lacquer treatment now!

19 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, it's hard to show the difference that it makes with the photos, but it has given the plastic a look of being painted now that matches the metal on the rest of the model. Needless to say, there's a lot of bonnets that are going to be given the lacquer treatment now!

you can clearly see it on the top down picture John

Archived