John Deere 6910

Another one that's been sat for too long with no progress, a Deere 6910. The base for this one is an Ertl 6400 with the frame and wheels from a Siku 6920. The bonnet and cab were cut off its chassis and the bonnet lengthened. As the six pot bonnets are slightly taller than the fours it has been altered with the side grills filed to lengthen them, as shown when comparing the bonnet on the right to the one on the left

WP_20171027_14_29_23_Pro.jpg

Thank you Paul, no, I've driven quite a number of different Deeres over the years but never a 69, always fancied one though as I do like the 00 and 10 series, just struggling to convince the wife that we need another tractor!:D Then again, I did some ploughing a couple of years ago with a 7820 and took quite a shine to that as well:)

Thanks Ben, yes I've always had a soft spot for them, I think Deere got it about right with the 00's and almost perfected it with the 10's as far as usability, driver comfort and reliability are concerned, still relatively basic tractors with fairly minimal electrics to go wrong! Also, the sound of a 69 on full chat is music to the ears. By the sounds of it you spend a bit of time in one?

10 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Ben, yes I've always had a soft spot for them, I think Deere got it about right with the 00's and almost perfected it with the 10's as far as usability, driver comfort and reliability are concerned, still relatively basic tractors with fairly minimal electrics to go wrong! Also, the sound of a 69 on full chat is music to the ears. By the sounds of it you spend a bit of time in one?

Proper tractors 10 series, sound nice and don't give over pulling as easy! yeah we have one, I don't drive it that much though, 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 844john said:

I'm afraid not Paul, been a busy week and the draw of the fire on a night is just too hard to resist, hopefully get back to it in a day or two! :)

Can't blame you for that John.... there's alot worse crimes than relaxing by the fireside ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived