BRITAINS 2018 New Releases and deleted lines

AJH

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Steve P said:

For a second there i thought Britain's was launching a new Terex backhoe!. Its just a wrong coloured JCB.

remember that Terex no longer do backhoes for the UK, the  plant (and products) were sold not that long ago. (mechalac group)???... Ironically it slightly increases the chances of UH doing one....

PS spelling bad because i cant be bothered to go looking

6 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

some intrestng posts going round on facebook that they shouldnt have been on sale ?? and have been taken down, infact when i looked this morning that whole f1 section has gone of the jcb website,just standard stuff there now 

Yea someone on there phoned JCB and apparently someone cocked up and shouldn't have published it and everyone who ordered will be refunded and given a free baseball cap. Don't know for certain though just going on what he said

You are correct, and2go, Terex sold off a lot of divisions to refocus on core business. Terex compact went to Mecelec, but they still build the backhoes in Coventry. I imagine there will be a transition period between the Terex and Mecelec brand. 

The Terex mining truck plant in Motherwell went to Volvo. The first Volvo truck has just launched.

Yes Terex are now Mecalac. At the moment the same machines produced by Terex at Coventry (Backhoes, Site Dumpers and Rollers) are leaving the factory in both Terex and Mecalac colours. I'm off to work for them next year in my placement year on an engineering uni course which should be interesting!

I’m sure you will find that both interesting and good experience, particularly if that’s the type of job you’re looking to move into. Will you be in the Engineering department?  I’ve worked with quite a few of those guys over the years ( going back to the MF Industrial roots in Manchester!!!)

Good luck, maybe our paths may cross!

6 hours ago, GPS said:

I’m sure you will find that both interesting and good experience, particularly if that’s the type of job you’re looking to move into. Will you be in the Engineering department?  I’ve worked with quite a few of those guys over the years ( going back to the MF Industrial roots in Manchester!!!)

Good luck, maybe our paths may cross!

Yes, rotating around all the engineering departments with a focus on Design and Manufacture. Seems a really nice place and a company at a really interesting point in it's history as design aims change with Mecalac at the helm.

4 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Spot on Paul.looks like they've released the wrong model,would explain their haste withdrawal,

Regards

Joe. 

ah I thought there was a difference in the 2 videos Joe,wander if the jcb licensing guy I know has anything to do with this?

13 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Catkom3, the valtra is going to be released in June/July time 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived