Grouse Knowl Fold

Stabliofarmer

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Here's one I made earlier James;) Actually I'm on with it at the present, but this one is wet walling as opposed to dry. Although its not too apparent on the photo, this is on quite a slope and as Martin says, you start at the bottom of the hill and work up, the only difference is that it's cement and not gravity that keeps everything in place!

WP_20181012_08_50_39_Pro.jpg

Tidy work :). But you've been spoilt with all that stone left over john, usually when I'm walling I end up going on a stone hunt. ;)

Edited by mb86
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to build up all the junk required to fill the barn etc. Managed to get a good few bits together but still got half the barn to fill. Would appreciate any ideas as to what else you'd find lying around, bottles and fencing parts are the main two I'm still thinking of adding and a log pile and some more wool bags.

IMG_20181101_220002.thumb.jpg.80ebaa631cd8bad71ed9a84966ffdfbc.jpg

IMG_20181101_214958.thumb.jpg.5fd3e9962d389a3dd3837250c1406145.jpg

IMG_20181101_220041.thumb.jpg.fa8d2dbdec96252f83b055ff176b5914.jpg

IMG_20181101_215038.thumb.jpg.db1685c8e78f5aec9bd6e28b49137b8d.jpg

IMG_20181101_220030.thumb.jpg.4946099818aa1e44db95c0e00d36d647.jpg

IMG_20181101_215018.thumb.jpg.3ba2c0743b114b03951297c579b1ea6a.jpg

IMG_20181101_220056.jpg

• Like 7

Looking exellent James :) that rabbit hutch is amazing and the small details like the water drinker. The stuff lying around looks good especially the cardboard boxes, I've never thought of them... here's some Ideas...old tires, bits of metal,tractor batteries,tins , barbed wire, parts,glass, bits of wood and bits of gates/ fences 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looking forward to seeing this at Penrith James :) as for what else laying about in the barn, what about the farmers son trying his luck with lass from the farm next door ;)

Tell us a bit more on this one Paul :D cant believe that sort of thing goes on :) 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Looking exellent James :) that rabbit hutch is amazing and the small details like the water drinker. The stuff lying around looks good especially the cardboard boxes, I've never thought of them... here's some Ideas...old tires, bits of metal,tractor batteries,tins , barbed wire, parts,glass, bits of wood and bits of gates/ fences 

Cheers, some great suggestions there. The cardboard boxes are a really nice simple build to quickly fill up lots of space. Made using the cereal thickness card thats corrugated cardboard coloured, I've found it from packaging CD's get sent in and the box my contact lenses are delivered in. Simply draw out the net of the box same as a real one, cut and fold together.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looking forward to seeing this at Penrith James :) as for what else laying about in the barn, what about the farmers son trying his luck with lass from the farm next door ;)

Hahaha, now that'd be an interesting test of my sculpting skills, maybe an idea for next year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Cheers, some great suggestions there. The cardboard boxes are a really nice simple build to quickly fill up lots of space. Made using the cereal thickness card thats corrugated cardboard coloured, I've found it from packaging CD's get sent in and the box my contact lenses are delivered in. Simply draw out the net of the box same as a real one, cut and fold together.

Thanks James, I might give it a go :) 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, smithy said:

Tell us a bit more on this one Paul :D cant believe that sort of thing goes on :) 

Yes, Paul seems to know more about this kind of thing than he's letting on, maybe he might offer to pose for some of your sculpting James, just so that you get the accuracy you're  looking for:o:D

Looking very well James, I'm also looking forward to seeing it next weekend (the farm that is, not the dodgy figures!);)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, smithy said:

19 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Hahaha, now that'd be an interesting test of my sculpting skills, maybe an idea for next year.

11 hours ago, 844john said:

Yes, Paul seems to know more about this kind of thing than he's letting on, maybe he might offer to pose for some of your sculpting James, just so that you get the accuracy you're  looking for:o:D

Looking very well James, I'm also looking forward to seeing it next weekend (the farm that is, not the dodgy figures!);)

Hahah, here's where Smithy and John being innocent both say they've never had a lass in the barn for a bit of fun in the hay on a summers night during their courting years...... As for posing.... nah i'm no model for that kind of thing haha but i've no doubt James sculpting skills are up to the task though :)  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Hahah, here's where Smithy and John being innocent both say they've never had a lass in the barn for a bit of fun in the hay on a summers night during their courting years...... As for posing.... nah i'm no model for that kind of thing haha but i've no doubt James sculpting skills are up to the task though :)  

Have to keep away from the hay barn as it makes my eyes water due to hay fever ,it also makes my breathing heavy ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/1/2018 at 10:10 PM, Stabliofarmer said:

Starting to build up all the junk required to fill the barn etc. Managed to get a good few bits together but still got half the barn to fill. Would appreciate any ideas as to what else you'd find lying around, bottles and fencing parts are the main two I'm still thinking of adding and a log pile and some more wool bags.

Looking for odd's and end's James,this is the place,6 different catagories,dozens of pages,you should find just about anything you could think of,.

http://www.modellbau-schulte.de/shop/index.php?cat=c16_Dioramazubehoer-Dioramazubehoer.html

Regards

Joe.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Looking for odd's and end's James,this is the place,6 different catagories,dozens of pages,you should find just about anything you could think of,.

http://www.modellbau-schulte.de/shop/index.php?cat=c16_Dioramazubehoer-Dioramazubehoer.html

Regards

Joe.

very good site, and where i got my rail sleepers from,he doesnt speak much english,i couldnt initally get hild of him or get a reply to emails but in the end i did the deal with him via mandy ,as hes one of her buyers of her stock. went perfectly then, 

just noticed,you have a name for it now james , liking that,has it been inspired by something local to you ??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Regards

Joe.

Could easily spend a couple of hundred quid there Joe! But for now some useful reference for bits to scratch build

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Just noticed,you have a name for it now james , liking that,has it been inspired by something local to you ??

Yes finally decided on the name. Not directly from a farm round my area but Grouse is a valley and stream that runs on the moors near by, Knowl is an old word for Hill and many of the farms round me are referred to as Folds, so Grouse Knowl Fold, or in old terms the Farm on the hill where grouse are seen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Could easily spend a couple of hundred quid there Joe! But for now some useful reference for bits to scratch build

Very easily James,only place I know that does Solar panel's,??

http://www.modellbau-schulte.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p2495_solarpanel--34-x-49-5-x-2-mm.html

And skip's,.

http://www.modellbau-schulte.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p4771_7-cm---schrottcontainer.html

Regards

Joe

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...