County 1474 (version 1) / tabmodels

1 hour ago, Rich Waldron said:

Just a point light bar is ahead of weight pack on real 1474 also weight pack is against tombstone which brings length down 

Thanks Richard, can't find much info on this tractor at all, does the weight pack still hang from the light bar? Or does the tombstone act as the weight?

6 hours ago, Rich Waldron said:

Not too sure was just comparing your mock up to pictures you have 

I'm going to go with the weights on the light bar, I already had them glued on and I'm making three of them :) still can't find much info on this one, found a video on youtube of one at a tractor pull, no tombstone, light bar or weights on it though.

Had a chat with a few ford/nh technicians of long standing and done a bit of digging this one seems to be one of three early ones based more on a 9700 hence the different grill to later ones belly/tombstone weight is countys own as can be seen by name in casting if any of this clears things up glad then glad to been of help 

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, Rich Waldron said:

Had a chat with a few ford/nh technicians of long standing and done a bit of digging this one seems to be one of three early ones based more on a 9700 hence the different grill to later ones belly/tombstone weight is countys own as can be seen by name in casting if any of this clears things up glad then glad to been of help 

Thanks Richard,  I've only seen these tractors with the tombstone and light bar but it always looked a bit naked around the front to me. I can see the gap on the top of the light bar where the weight pack would normally hang from and just assumed that weights can be added. The model is really no longer than the sloped nose version, just that the grill tapered in at the bottom gives the illusion of more length. I've done all three with weight packs, maybe I should have left one without. Don't fancy hacking the model up at this stage though!

Archived