International Harvester 74 series

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Cheers David, I think she's my favourite as well, but i won't tell the others!;)

Yes best keep it a secret , don’t want any jealousy going on in the tractor shed

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I was never happy with my attempt at the front grill for these tractors, and although the quality of Henri's decal was excellent, it was just too one dimensional for me, so I've had another go at making and casting the grills for the 74, 84 and 85 series. It has been a real test of eye sight, dexterity and patience (not usually my strong point), but i think with a bit more practice at painting them they shouldn't be too far away

WP_20190828_07_04_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20190828_06_37_10_Pro (2).jpg

3 hours ago, 844john said:

An old girl that's seen rather a hard life, I hasten to add that it is not modelled on one of our tractors, although the wife did say it would fit in well with one of the neighbours gear:D

WP_20190831_17_28_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20190831_17_27_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20190831_17_28_16_Pro.jpg

WP_20190831_17_27_09_Pro.jpg

poor lass

Thanks Nigel, finally getting to grips with casting has helped enormously, allowing me to cover several ranges of International and CaseIH's that i would like to build. If anyone is interested in a particular model just give me a shout and if I can help out I will...I'm not starting a production line, but an extra one here and there can't make that much difference!;)

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Just having a tidy up and found this. 

John I think you should recreate the front cover in 1/32 ;)

586B66D3-3144-4351-83FD-C372BEAD76EE.jpeg

8881E2EE-F703-4D8E-84E6-D45FC18F0EBB.jpeg

You shouldn't be putting ideas into my head Alastair! Actually, I've often fancied doing a small dio of a period stand at an agricultural show with a few tractors, baler, muck spreader etc, just one more thing I've not gotten around to yet! Trouble is, my workbench is all blue and yellow at the moment :o

1 hour ago, 844john said:

You shouldn't be putting ideas into my head Alastair! Actually, I've often fancied doing a small dio of a period stand at an agricultural show with a few tractors, baler, muck spreader etc, just one more thing I've not gotten around to yet! Trouble is, my workbench is all blue and yellow at the moment :o

The way you are going you will be able to recreate the entire Smithfield show, all the stands not just one. 

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

The way you are going you will be able to recreate the entire Smithfield show, all the stands not just one. 

Maybe better pop to S&A for some more plywood for the base then Martin, I don't think I'd fit all that on the 4 x 2 bit I've got left down the shed!:D

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, dr-abich said:

Now i'm waiting when You going to watch this especially from around 4:40 and prepare front loader and muck spreader(little advice You can use britains one ;) )

Thanks Dominik, I do like watching those old films! Yes, I've already made a start (well, plans anyway) for several international implements from that era to go with the tractors, unfortunately they are well down my list at the moment!

Archived