6 hours ago, tabmodels said:

Probably will do, I've a pile of 2wd front axles needing homes :D

I done one myself a few years back ..much the same idea as yours Ian with the Scaledown rears  & shortened the skid unit . Used a Britains Q cab 6600 for it . I used the front axle from the 6600 ..but it seemed a little too big for the 4600!! , even tough I manged wrap the front rims with the old style Britains tyres from the very first Britains 2wd tractors like the MF 595 / Ford 6600 Fieco cab tyres. So the front rims looked the part ... Bar the big bulky front axle .. I also done a 4000 using the same method .

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, justy 46 said:

I done one myself a few years back ..much the same idea as yours Ian with the Scaledown rears  & shortened the skid unit . Used a Britains Q cab 6600 for it . I used the front axle from the 6600 ..but it seemed a little too big for the 4600!! , even tough I manged wrap the front rims with the old style Britains tyres from the very first Britains 2wd tractors like the MF 595 / Ford 6600 Fieco cab tyres. So the front rims looked the part ... Bar the big bulky front axle .. I also done a 4000 using the same method .

Yes it's a tricky one, the front axle would have to be made. Could maybe get away with a UH 5000 front axle, it doesn't have the bulkiness  of the Britains axle.

4 hours ago, tabmodels said:

Yes it's a tricky one, the front axle would have to be made. Could maybe get away with a UH 5000 front axle, it doesn't have the bulkiness  of the Britains axle.

The axle width is also abit much if you were to match the Scaledown Sankeys to it . Considering the Scaledown wheels are narrower compared to the Britains . The UH 5000 front axle is probably the best option or maybe a matching Scaledown front axle also .

Archived