My classic collection.

Steve P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two recent additions, both models looked to have never been removed from there boxes, until i got my hands on them that is. Both in as new condition apart from a little bit of the dreaded wheel melt! the SAME was even partially stuck to the plastic insert. Considering getting some replacement wheels if they are available.20180619_193621.thumb.jpg.e861bfd61cc0a86102214711a2c33e40.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Another edition arrived today, i was not looking for a old Britains TW but i could not resist getting this one as it was so cheap. Its not perfect but in good overall condition its just missing the little plastic panel at the rear of the cab, i know replacement cabs are available but can i also obtain a replacement rear panel from anywhere??.20180716_192137.thumb.jpg.b34afbd202c420c159a09061dcd1c54d.jpg 

This arrived today, nice little edition to my collection, never had one before so may i ask can the half track components be removed and re-fitted or are they fixed in place. I do not want to start breaking things.20180727_192050.thumb.jpg.81d5ecbcb8b6a907dd0fb2bf4cbc0be5.jpg

50 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

I would leave the tracks on to be honest . It's a nice example .  Better keep it complete !! 

I second that, been trying to get a hold of one a few times on Ebay. They always end up going for quite high bids, so I reckon they must be worth a lot more if it hasn't been tampered with.

No worries i am leaving the tracks on. Earlier my son and i was talking about the model and he asked me if they could be removed though i was not sure they could and i did not want to start pulling things apart and breaking bits. I am more then happy with its condition so its staying in one piece. ;)

Just a few more older Britains tractors to get now, namely a Fendt, Deutz DX 6.50 and possibly a County so i'd better start saving my pennies. 

certainly worth keeping it all together, but certainly not hard to remove, had mine from new ,decals a bit worn, but everythings there ,used to remove the tracks for loader duties as it looked right in 2wd for bale loading 

My son ask me this afternoon if he could play with my older Britains tractors so with my help "in an advisory capacity only of course ;)" we lined them all up. Nice that he had a great time playing with them for a few hours without a games console or mobile phone in sight. Here lies a question would or do you let your children play with your models or are they strictly out of bounds. I have always let my son loose with my models and he is very good as over the years there has been only a few minor accidents?.20180731_204053.thumb.jpg.ce5398a98a49e7dabecc8af534215f8f.jpg

I have gotten my kids their own, my seven year old daugther has a Britains TW10 with a bale wrapper (her own choice), her brother (two years old) has a few more, siku te20, britains jcb, ertl case, siku mb trac as well as a few Britains models for display at his room (slurry tank, IH 2wd, db 1210) along with my old toys. 

He likes to sit with me and fiddle with spare parts and looking at what I'm making and looking at brochures and the display ones. I let him touch the models, and so far he's been very gentle. He understands it since they're locked in :) 

My daugther likes to watch builds and asking questions about how to do stuff. She's more taken with the creative side of it, much because of the age I guess :) So I try to include them.

With you there Janval, when i decided only to collect classic era models i gave all my modern stuff to my son who as you would guess was very happy. I have also not so long ago got him a new holland telehandler and landrover from the britains current range. I enjoy the fact he shares a passion for tractors and farm machinery as i do. 

11 hours ago, Steve P said:

With you there Janval, when i decided only to collect classic era models i gave all my modern stuff to my son who as you would guess was very happy. I have also not so long ago got him a new holland telehandler and landrover from the britains current range. I enjoy the fact he shares a passion for tractors and farm machinery as i do. 

I do to, the missus however have made remarks a couple of times "look at what you've done to him" :lol: He's in that age where anything with wheels is interesting, but has especially been taken with tractors though.

I have 2 daughters , a 7 & 3 year old . They both could not be bothered with them . Even tough my eldest is a bit fascinated with the older Britains stuff considering see knows now that they were from my childhood . I think if had 2  boys , then it would be a total different senario . 

On 5/23/2018 at 7:35 AM, Steve P said:

Recently gave my old broken Britains Ford tw 20 a revamp, reproduction cab, new exhaust and some 7700 decals, just needs a good clean now. 

20180523_073206.jpg

A little experiment to see what my 7700 would look like in a more accurate 2wd config, what do you reckon chaps, stay with it or keep it 4wd??.20180812_135656.thumb.jpg.1504960f664083afa40b9c951e3ad309.jpg

20180812_140045.jpg

Agreed in a way, i realise its not a 100% accurate representation of a 7700 and its not meant to be as its only a basic conversion (i am no Tabmodels) of a spare model i had given to me. I already have some short nosed TWs so i thought it would be fun to turn my spare into something similar to a 700 series ford as at the moment anyway they are not available to buy off the shelf. So dis-counting the engine detail, underframe and larger fuel tank it doesn't look too bad considering Britains original attempt of a TW 20 wasn't particularly accurate anyway. 

1 hour ago, Steve P said:

Agreed in a way, i realise its not a 100% accurate representation of a 7700 and its not meant to be as its only a basic conversion (i am no Tabmodels) of a spare model i had given to me. I already have some short nosed TWs so i thought it would be fun to turn my spare into something similar to a 700 series ford as at the moment anyway they are not available to buy off the shelf. So dis-counting the engine detail, underframe and larger fuel tank it doesn't look too bad considering Britains original attempt of a TW 20 wasn't particularly accurate anyway. 

It looks alright Steve . It is a Britains after all so as you said it's not going to be 100% . But it's an almost perfect size in terms of scale. The Tw20 casting it uses is under scaled , all you need do is put it side by side with the more recent Britains TW20 or 15 .  The only thing that catches it for a 700 Series 4 pot is the engine sub frame , saying all that David Purdue of DBP used these Britains castings for 6700,6710,7700. & 7710 ...at the time it did not seem to bother any hardcore collectors ..

Archived