1/32 Scale Bamford Wuffler.

Hello everyone, new to the forum but have a few years behind me building models. It’s now a full time job for me, and I thought I’d share one of my personal favourite builds with you all. 

Here’s one for the old school fans ! A Bamford wuffler. We had one on the family farm for a number of years, my late grandfather used one on his 10/60 Nuffield so I thought I’d make a replica of one.

I currently sell these models, all made to order - really enjoyable build. There built to the spec in the brochure. As I say there fully hand made, many many hours go into them ! 

Seen and read allot of topics on here so I thought I’d get in the loop.

Cheers, Sam. 

38BB6A88-370B-4543-863A-E5E1029CD16A.jpeg

D0BFBEC1-7968-4CBE-8282-554E47D39D97.jpeg

F55DA980-BA96-4A33-9248-0500A75DCE61.jpeg

Lovely model ,I used to use two like that on a farm were I used to go to do a bit of contracting one was yellow and other one was blue ,had to keep a eye out on the drive belt as it went round the corner of the machine as it sometimes turned itself upside down on the rollers  

21 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Cheers Chris, I’d been meaning to build these ones for a while. Smithy mention the early blue ones before - so I think the next batch will be of that colour variation.

I remember the blue ones,or am I thinking of another make? a cock pheasant perhaps?

Hello Sam, what an excellent model, I spent many hours in my youth with one of those behind an international 276, happy days. :)The cock pheasant did two rows at a time, the wuffler only one so was a bit slow by comparison. Anyway, I digress, lovely work!

46 minutes ago, 844john said:

Hello Sam, what an excellent model, I spent many hours in my youth with one of those behind an international 276, happy days. :)The cock pheasant did two rows at a time, the wuffler only one so was a bit slow by comparison. Anyway, I digress, lovely work!

ah it was a cock pheasant,thanks John

They did actually make a twin row bamford  wuffler it was to compete with the Lely cock pheasant. Most farmers had the single row W25  or W26 wuffler but a twin row did exist. But they never made many so I’ve heard and the Lely was a far superior machine. I will be making a Lely cock pheasant for Spaulding it toytrac I’m yet to decide ! Also a company called Russell’s made a wuffler it was exactly the same as the bamford ones. I don’t know who made it first as info on these machines are fairly sparse. 

• 1 month later...

Batch number 3 started. Here’s the first one 80% complete. Just need to assemble the model now and add wheels. A huge amount of labour involved to get them accurate. On a side note - Theres 6 available as payments have been taken for the rest and will be posted upon completion in a few weeks time, Message me to order. Won’t be doing any for a while after this - fancy a change :) 

93A46844-FA51-464D-8B6D-1D2A314AD8EC.jpeg

I’ve seen 2 blue lely cock pheasants believe it or not. Wether there resprays or not. It was odd as they were of the same shade. The rest I’ve seen have been the more common red. With the white Lely decal slapped on them. As for The Bamford w50s they had the wuffler decal on the side again on the one I’ve seen. But The parts manual and brochures I have bought all have W50 “wuffler” so I’m led to believe they were actually called a wuffler. Ultimately I don’t think many people know every variation of these machines it wouldn’t surprise me if they made a green one ! There must be so many slight variations. It’s mad L o L :) 

Archived