1/32 Scale Bamford Wuffler.

23 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Fantastic Sam mate, top quality work. You must have better eyesight than me!

Cheers bud :D It was them hand drills John uses I bought some there brilliant ! I know my eyes aren’t the best but accuracy isn’t a problem with them little drills. Did the jack perfect with it  ;)  

10 minutes ago, 844john said:

paint finish looks fantastic Sam, do you use a spray gun or can?

Cheers John mate :). I use both depending on what model and on how complex they are. The wuffler is Fairly simple to spray so a custom mixed Halfords rattle can is what I use with a white undercoat and then I over lacquer them to give a shine. But all the drying time is spent under a halogen heater which even in good weather helps. However on my sledges they are airbrushed. Well the batch of them will be airbrushed the prototype was done from a rattle can, but I can only want the best finish so the rest will be done with a airbrush 

That's interesting Sam, spraying small things isn't my favourite job and for me i sometimes find the spray from a can is too heavy for intricate bits and so i usually use the air brush, it's good to see what techniques other people use:)

Yeah I’m sure that’s an issue for most of us builders. I find that with rattle cans that they do act as a mild filler in a way. No good for bolts etc. I came wise to it through the years and now when I paint models I literally dust the paint onto the surface and slowly build it up. The wufflers can be a royal pain inside the machine in the rotor section you can get terrible overspray with both side panels being so close together your spraying one side and the overspray is dulling the other. I manage to correct it but it does take a while and is very irritating! Clear lacquer can do some rare stuff at times if the base coat hasn’t fully cured :D 

3 minutes ago, 844john said:

That's interesting Sam, spraying small things isn't my favourite job and for me i sometimes find the spray from a can is too heavy for intricate bits and so i usually use the air brush, it's good to see what techniques other people use:)

Archived