Sanderson SB55 TC.

A very challenging build I took on before Christmas was this. Sanderson SB55 TC, I had never scratch built a machine like this before. Only implements ! 

This one was made to look exactly like the customers real machine - by order I was to weather the model. Not for everyone, so I really had to put all my weathering skills into the model.

Luckily I got a few photos of it before the weathering process. Personally with the time and effort gone into it I would of left it clean. 

The mast is fully functioning too !

hope you all like it. 5AC5B712-78A9-4770-BE4E-7F9C3B33AA7D.thumb.jpeg.75e5b4343014f8d268ebc6fc42500530.jpeg

308D57EF-424C-4FA6-92F0-1476D9AFB5AE.jpeg

19D5970C-3739-4DE8-9F21-BE0F23E90E29.jpeg

23A86DE2-517F-4FA4-AEBF-0CAFC80992B6.jpeg

05C7719D-6919-4E3B-82D3-B689FB51ACA2.jpeg

1AEA1CCA-6346-474F-B3FA-DD44BDE1BD5D.jpeg

03CEEF18-961E-46DA-8D9A-4192DB31B5C0.jpeg

696FD154-6037-43AD-A776-557E88446AA2.jpeg

4870B729-6CB5-43CA-A7C4-3E84224CBD46.jpeg

911F4936-F103-45F1-8390-6B9C26D8D91A.jpeg

2B68C1F2-5BB0-4AB9-A9C7-1971F06D4AD9.jpeg

28709446-FE32-42BD-B92D-F8DC5D0D14FD.jpeg

7 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Again, cracking work Sam, think I'd have left it with fresh paint too but it's down to the customer in the end. 

Thank you kindly, I fully agree ! It was painful weathering it. And I did ask again if he was absolutely sure, as you say down to the customer mate. But on a personal note I’d of left this one clean - I do like weathered models, but recently I’m swaying more to keeping them nice and shiney. Maybe seeing the work that goes into them has changed me!! :D

47 minutes ago, 844john said:

Very very nice again Sam, I know they say the customer is always right but I agree with you, it was a shame to weather such a smart model:)

Cheers mate, yup it would of had to stay clean as I say I did used to really like weathered stuff but I’m going off it now. Although I do still weather customers models - maybe I’m just sick of the site of muck ! 

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers Ian mate, I didn’t feel brave enough weathering this after all the time I’d put into it and actually making it a functioning model ha ha!. I wanted it nice and shiny but as we were discussing wasn’t my choice. I first started my business solely on weathering models fairly well known for it. Then I moved to conversions then onto full scratchbuilds which is my favourite by far. I’ve gone off weathering at the moment hahah I like everything nice and clean looking but I’m glad you like it and it’s of inspiration to you. I’m sure one of your moffet bushmaster builds would look stunning weathered.... just slightly. Less is more keep it nice and simple. Put abit of scatter on the arms and tractor it would look amazing 

14 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

Looks great Sam, I'm not brave enough to try weathering yet! You're inspiring me though :)

4 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Cheers Ian mate, I didn’t feel brave enough weathering this after all the time I’d put into it and actually making it a functioning model ha ha!. I wanted it nice and shiny but as we were discussing wasn’t my choice. I first started my business solely on weathering models fairly well known for it. Then I moved to conversions then onto full scratchbuilds which is my favourite by far. I’ve gone off weathering at the moment hahah I like everything nice and clean looking but I’m glad you like it and it’s of inspiration to you. I’m sure one of your moffet bushmaster builds would look stunning weathered.... just slightly. Less is more keep it nice and simple. Put abit of scatter on the arms and tractor it would look amazing 

Ohhh.... not sure if I'm THAT brave! Like you say, after putting all that time into building a working model from scratch only for it to possibly go wrong at the final stage daunts me :D I also like that 'just left the factory' look, sometimes even getting them painted nicely is a hit or miss moment. Might practice on some old toys first.

10 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

Ohhh.... not sure if I'm THAT brave! Like you say, after putting all that time into building a working model from scratch only for it to possibly go wrong at the final stage daunts me :D I also like that 'just left the factory' look, sometimes even getting them painted nicely is a hit or miss moment. Might practice on some old toys first.

Me too mate. I do like them all shiny, if I’m that bothered I’ll just roll them across my model farm yard so the tyres get abit dusty but that’s it for me at the moment ;) 

Archived