Weeks / MF 5 ton trailer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Cheers mate. Not mine anymore ! Going to John to put it to use on his amazing internationals no doubt ! 

bummer , it would look good behind my brian norman b250

4 hours ago, mb86 said:

Well I'm a dab hand at stitching up wool sheets, no photos I'm afraid as I sent them weeks ago. Call in with them and I'll have them done in no time. :D

I can manage those as well Martin, big needle, no problems threading it!!:D

8 hours ago, mike whiting said:

John, where did you get the Weeks trailers brochures from? I have some old Weeks literature but I haven't seen those before.

To be honest Mike, I must have had them 30 years or so now, when I was younger I used to collect leaflets from everywhere, writing to manufacturers, sending off the cards in 'what's new in farming', (I wish that was still on the go!), local shows and best of all when the local tractor salesmen used to call in, so in all honesty I have no idea where they came from!:)

2 hours ago, 844john said:

To be honest Mike, I must have had them 30 years or so now, when I was younger I used to collect leaflets from everywhere, writing to manufacturers, sending off the cards in 'what's new in farming', (I wish that was still on the go!), local shows and best of all when the local tractor salesmen used to call in, so in all honesty I have no idea where they came from!:)

I actually wrote to Henton trailers and got a brochure back. My dad has allot, he had a account with the local John Deere dealer when he was contracting he got allot from them in the post he said. And then the others come from shows as you were saying. Most brochures are accessible online now via the manufacturers website. However it’s only the newer stuff, handy if you need anything though.  

Im still after the trailer thats real low

Wooden flat bed (i say flatbed loosely as it was so low the rear had square wooden arches set in so flush with overall trailer width ) i think it was desighed for orcherds vineyards and arable farms for potatoes bags and boxes  the bed was only two foot off the ground so it was easy to pick spud bags off the field  and onto the trailer 

On 03/02/2018 at 6:35 PM, 844john said:

A bit of paint on finally!

WP_20180203_18_29_59_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20180203_18_30_45_Pro (2).jpg

I see your using them hand cranked drills. What do you reckon ? I use the dewalt one I have it’s a great drill but you can’t get in any small spaces with it. I was wondering what these smaller ones are like and wether there worth it 

1 hour ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

I see your using them hand cranked drills. What do you reckon ? I use the dewalt one I have it’s a great drill but you can’t get in any small spaces with it. I was wondering what these smaller ones are like and wether there worth it 

I like them Sam, in fact I hardly ever use an electric drill now. I find that I have much more control and accuracy using these and you can hold small bits of plastic in your hand and drill them without putting a hole in your fingers!:D

9 hours ago, 844john said:

I like them Sam, in fact I hardly ever use an electric drill now. I find that I have much more control and accuracy using these and you can hold small bits of plastic in your hand and drill them without putting a hole in your fingers!:D

Thanks for that John. Handy to know I’ve just bought a few. I’m forever drilling 1 mill holes into my bloody finger haha. The old dewalt is abit of an animal with plastic 

10 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Excellent again john. What are you going to use for 1/32 sheep cake?;):D

Well, we had a mouse(past tense;)) that had found its way into the house under the sink, looking at its droppings I think maybe I should have kept him captive until he'd done enough to fill the trailer:D

Archived