Here’s some flat 8s I built for toytrac. Real good model for a classic loader tractor. I think for toytrac this year I will build/convert a suitable loader tractor for them. Maybe a Mf 590 with Mf 80 loader would suit well, something along those lines anyway. I Hope you all like them. I’m Still making these to order. 

Cheers Sam. 

A11B91B4-00E8-4E0E-99FF-73977A77680F.jpeg

14C16549-B06A-43D9-87D5-85E3F9FBF573.jpeg

1D460C8B-909C-481B-A85F-6641C67565BD.jpeg

43 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Another cracker Sam. Like you I need I sort out a loader tractor for mine!

Cheers mate. I just don’t know what to go for Martin. Nothing seems to appeal to me as of yet. Maybe a 3040 John Deere with opu cab and loader ?? I have built one which I will post pics of just not 100% sure What to go for 

33 minutes ago, 844john said:

very nice again Sam, mind you, "sweat bombs" do seem to be almost a thing of the past now. Oh dear.....:D

Cheers John ;) your right there, I used to use a browns flat 8 and a Cooke one. They do have modern “flat 8” makes the old ones look tiny though. It’s a huge thing. 

1 hour ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Cheers John ;) your right there, I used to use a browns flat 8 and a Cooke one. They do have modern “flat 8” makes the old ones look tiny though. It’s a huge thing. 

I remember as a young lad stacking thousands of little bales each year with I think it was a Lawrence Edwards flat 8 grab on a 4wd International 785 with a Kat loader ( what a loader they were!)- I think that's where my love of the smell of Hy-Tran comes from as that's all you could smell once she warmed up!  The flat 8 sledge was a Meijor behind an International B47 baler pulled by an LP cabbed Ford 4610, and often you had to ride on the sledge to make sure the swinging gate behind the baler tripped each time. Then leading them in with a Ritchie 56 transporter on a Nash 684. Happy days! Actually, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of a diorama based on it all, just frightening to think that was 30 odd years ago now, just seems like Yesterday!:)

37 minutes ago, 844john said:

I remember as a young lad stacking thousands of little bales each year with I think it was a Lawrence Edwards flat 8 grab on a 4wd International 785 with a Kat loader ( what a loader they were!)- I think that's where my love of the smell of Hy-Tran comes from as that's all you could smell once she warmed up!  The flat 8 sledge was a Meijor behind an International B47 baler pulled by an LP cabbed Ford 4610, and often you had to ride on the sledge to make sure the swinging gate behind the baler tripped each time. Then leading them in with a Ritchie 56 transporter on a Nash 684. Happy days! Actually, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of a diorama based on it all, just frightening to think that was 30 odd years ago now, just seems like Yesterday!:)

Lawrence Edwards ! I think they had the edge with flat 8s they made one with a pivot didn’t they so you could pick your bales up and rotate it ? Can’t rightly remember. Sounds lovely proper classic set up can’t beat old school, as I say my diorama is fairly large and the machines I make suit the style of it. Each part of my layout is based on memories, little things like the maize clamp with railway sleepers as it was similar to the one I first buck raked on. And I’ve pieced it all together and made one big diorama. I should really upload some photos when it’s done ! 

19 hours ago, 844john said:

pretty much the same as i did,but a mf 698t on a  mf124 baler and cooks flat 8 sledge,a 2wd mf 290 on 80 loader with cooks grab stacking and one of the 2wd mf690’s dragging them back with a cooks 56trailer, but we modifyed  it a tad so it took 64 .i am 1/2 way through the fleet so far, sledge built just waiting finishing, 80 loader  and browns grab sorted all be it on a mf575 at the mo,the 290 is started, blaers on hold so a modiyed replicagri markant is in place,and the cooks trailer was built ages ago,but due a new one as all the new stuffs built for the new bales i have 

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Lots of red there as well Sean, just the wrong shade! :ph34r::D

all we ever ran, had various mf combines and tractors over the years ,  had a mf 30 combine  when we sold up, alomg with several other mf tractors .only thing that wasnt  mf powered was the jcb 3c ,and a alleys self propelled sprayer we had ,that was ford based i think . 

1 minute ago, Tractorman810 said:

all we ever ran, had barious mf combines and had a mf 30 combine  when we sold up, only thing that wasnt  mf powered was the jcb 3c ,and a alleys self propelled sprayer we had ,that was ford based i think . 

I can't say too much Sean, our little 475 nash has a perkins engine......the shame of it!:D 

I have to admit I do still have a fondness for the 135, a cracking little tractor. I bought one when I was in my late teens, and sold it a year later for twice what I paid for it to buy a car.......wish I'd just kept the tractor now;)

14 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Here’s the browns replica sledges I make. Might give you some happy memories mate. 

F6F140B3-4F36-4C7E-AFDF-C561F0346C3A.jpeg

533641EF-5926-45BD-8B07-20CD9F2F80DD.png

excellent builds , ours if I remember right had the rear wheels on the outside of the bale sledge 

Archived