Modified Ford 7810

Here’s a Ford 7810 I converted for a customer. I have fitted a angled straight pipe, bigger tyres, opened the sunroof, rear window and side windows, fitted gas struts, cb aerials and beacons. These can be made to order. This is fairly basic compared to other models I have modified. The list of modifications can go on and on.... 

hope you all like it 

cheers sam. 

53584C48-42F5-4F0E-AA1A-549396BC8DAE.png

1AE44B60-0F8D-41BF-BB2C-0B983411227C.png

51A9D13D-5C24-4D0E-9736-F11161369650.png

5 minutes ago, 844john said:

very nice Sam, I know it sounds anal but I really like the gas struts on the window and sun roof, its the little details that make the difference I think:)

Cheers John mate, I agree I’m a sucker for detail. This is a fairly simple way to enhance the realism of any model. It’s just a little time consuming! I’ve even seen a scratch built John Deere with fully working gas struts on the Windows’s it was so impressive 

Just now, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Cheers John mate, I agree I’m a sucker for detail. This is a fairly simple way to enhance the realism of any model. It’s just a little time consuming! I’ve even seen a scratch built John Deere with fully working gas struts on the Windows’s it was so impressive 

Wow, and I thought I was anal!:D

20 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

my jd 3140 2wd has working gas struts on the rear window, and sunroof, plus opening side windows sam, ised a old ertl resin chassis i had kicking arround, ,with pma rear linkage , for some reason i dont have any decent pics to hand mind, its pretty easy to do mind,hardest bits forming the piviot points with the rods etc being so small 

730756BD-D591-4B72-8A62-3707FC36B3F5.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

my jd 3140 2wd has working gas struts on the rear window, and sunroof, plus opening side windows sam, ised a old ertl resin chassis i had kicking arround, ,with pma rear linkage , for some reason i dont have any pics to hand mind, its pretty easy to do mind,hardest bits forming the piviot points with the rods etc being so small 

I did think about doing it but never bothered I think I will now. I’m sure I can use some brass actually to create the pivot point. A hold and fold would proove useful 

Archived