Ford 7810 cab weathering.

Great job Sam. Love the torn seat effect although it would frustrate me if I saw the real tractor looking like that. Thinking about adding doing something similar and have one looking like a restoration project. Ill have to do a bit of research as there are a few topics on here about weathering. 

6 minutes ago, 844john said:

very realistic Sam, looks like it would take me a day to sort the inside of that cab out! :D

It looks like my dad has spent a day in it, I don't know how he does it but he can be in a tractor for 5 mins and have it looking like a pigsty. Think I need to install some boot wash areas around the yard. 

2 minutes ago, mb86 said:

It looks like my dad has spent a day in it, I don't know how he does it but he can be in a tractor for 5 mins and have it looking like a pigsty. Think I need to install some boot wash areas around the yard. 

I have a brother who can do the same, in fact he's banned from any of my tractors, even in a drought he can find clarts to drag into the cab, and don't even get me started on cow **** .........!:D

42 minutes ago, 844john said:

I have a brother who can do the same, in fact he's banned from any of my tractors, even in a drought he can find clarts to drag into the cab, and don't even get me started on cow **** .........!:D

Well there is cow you know what all over the farm but I manage not to trail through it all. 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, 844john said:

very realistic Sam, looks like it would take me a day to sort the inside of that cab out! :D

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Great job Sam. Love the torn seat effect although it would frustrate me if I saw the real tractor looking like that. Thinking about adding doing something similar and have one looking like a restoration project. Ill have to do a bit of research as there are a few topics on here about weathering. 

Cheers fellas. Yeah I have a problem with torn seats too ha ha!. Would only take you a few seconds on this model John :) My 590 had a absolutely dogged seat but the rest was tidy so I had to have it retrimmed. #OCD, weathering is great Martin but it can make or break a model. I’ve been weathering models for around 3-4 years now I originally just did weathered tractors when I first took over CFM from my dad. I do balled tyres too they always go down a treat ;)  My favourite model I’ve done is this 7810. I rubbed the decal away too like the real thing, some work in it but I was chuffed with the results. 

C94B07BA-07E9-40C0-A2CF-5479E0F339C5.png

715B8B9F-4D17-4DF5-8019-37B6380DA648.png

1 hour ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Cheers bud !! Ahah deal with it ;) there are plenty of rough farmers ha ha!. I’m not one though mate !! 

It's strange, I've said this before but I do like weathered models as I think they look much more realistic, bit I like my real gear clean and shiny and would hate it to look weathered:D

14 minutes ago, 844john said:

It's strange, I've said this before but I do like weathered models as I think they look much more realistic, bit I like my real gear clean and shiny and would hate it to look weathered:D

I’m exactly the same ! As we were discussing the other day with the Sanderson. I think you must see all the work that goes in it and think you want it shiny and new. I made 13 flat 8s and struggled to weather just one ! And I actually repainted that after toytrac haha. I don’t mind weathering uh tractors for example even though there pricey it just doesn’t bother me. 

• 1 month later...
On 20/01/2018 at 8:07 PM, b_emmons said:

some great weathering Sam :)

On 20/01/2018 at 9:14 PM, mb86 said:

Very effective what you have done to the JD, looks dog rough witout being over the top. 

On 21/01/2018 at 5:19 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Nice to see some one have a go at inside a cab, credit where credit is due Sam, Well done :)

Cheers folks for you kind words really appreciate it, I apologise for the late reply I’ve only just seen this ! I like to thank everyone who takes the time to leave a comment makes the job worthwhile ;) 

On 20/01/2018 at 1:02 PM, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Inside the old ford 7810 silver jubilee. A sorry real site it was a real machine ! But an appealing site to the 1/32 scale collector. I can weather any model to order. 

Cheers, hope you all like it! 

61170806-DCB1-42B6-8412-D491611B9820.jpeg

183E041B-55F8-4BC7-B7B4-7ED0AA31AD57.jpeg

607F1D15-E463-40B1-A8B1-D5180B8A1F35.jpeg

Great work on the weathering, very realistic. 

Do you have any photo of the rest of this tractor on the outside? 

Im sure it's in a sorry state if the inside looks like that. ha ha!

• 2 years later...

Looking into weathering myself now, do you use store bought powder? 

I saw a tip regarding the use of chalks in stead, grinding them down to pigments (would be a lot cheaper). As for the solvent I've seen in use I get a bit unsure as to what I need. Any tips would be appreciated!

Archived