Jump to content

Ford 7810 cab weathering.


Recommended Posts

Great job Sam. Love the torn seat effect although it would frustrate me if I saw the real tractor looking like that. Thinking about adding doing something similar and have one looking like a restoration project. Ill have to do a bit of research as there are a few topics on here about weathering. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 844john said:

very realistic Sam, looks like it would take me a day to sort the inside of that cab out! :D

It looks like my dad has spent a day in it, I don't know how he does it but he can be in a tractor for 5 mins and have it looking like a pigsty. Think I need to install some boot wash areas around the yard. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mb86 said:

It looks like my dad has spent a day in it, I don't know how he does it but he can be in a tractor for 5 mins and have it looking like a pigsty. Think I need to install some boot wash areas around the yard. 

I have a brother who can do the same, in fact he's banned from any of my tractors, even in a drought he can find clarts to drag into the cab, and don't even get me started on cow **** .........!:D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, 844john said:

I have a brother who can do the same, in fact he's banned from any of my tractors, even in a drought he can find clarts to drag into the cab, and don't even get me started on cow **** .........!:D

Well there is cow you know what all over the farm but I manage not to trail through it all. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers 

1 hour ago, 844john said:

very realistic Sam, looks like it would take me a day to sort the inside of that cab out! :D

 

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Great job Sam. Love the torn seat effect although it would frustrate me if I saw the real tractor looking like that. Thinking about adding doing something similar and have one looking like a restoration project. Ill have to do a bit of research as there are a few topics on here about weathering. 

Cheers fellas. Yeah I have a problem with torn seats too ha ha!. Would only take you a few seconds on this model John :) My 590 had a absolutely dogged seat but the rest was tidy so I had to have it retrimmed. #OCD, weathering is great Martin but it can make or break a model. I’ve been weathering models for around 3-4 years now I originally just did weathered tractors when I first took over CFM from my dad. I do balled tyres too they always go down a treat ;)  My favourite model I’ve done is this 7810. I rubbed the decal away too like the real thing, some work in it but I was chuffed with the results. 

C94B07BA-07E9-40C0-A2CF-5479E0F339C5.png

715B8B9F-4D17-4DF5-8019-37B6380DA648.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Cheers bud !! Ahah deal with it ;) there are plenty of rough farmers ha ha!. I’m not one though mate !! 

It's strange, I've said this before but I do like weathered models as I think they look much more realistic, bit I like my real gear clean and shiny and would hate it to look weathered:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, 844john said:

It's strange, I've said this before but I do like weathered models as I think they look much more realistic, bit I like my real gear clean and shiny and would hate it to look weathered:D

I’m exactly the same ! As we were discussing the other day with the Sanderson. I think you must see all the work that goes in it and think you want it shiny and new. I made 13 flat 8s and struggled to weather just one ! And I actually repainted that after toytrac haha. I don’t mind weathering uh tractors for example even though there pricey it just doesn’t bother me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 20/01/2018 at 8:07 PM, b_emmons said:

some great weathering Sam :)

 

On 20/01/2018 at 9:14 PM, mb86 said:

Very effective what you have done to the JD, looks dog rough witout being over the top. 

 

On 21/01/2018 at 5:19 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Nice to see some one have a go at inside a cab, credit where credit is due Sam, Well done :)

Cheers folks for you kind words really appreciate it, I apologise for the late reply I’ve only just seen this ! I like to thank everyone who takes the time to leave a comment makes the job worthwhile ;) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/01/2018 at 1:02 PM, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Inside the old ford 7810 silver jubilee. A sorry real site it was a real machine ! But an appealing site to the 1/32 scale collector. I can weather any model to order. 

Cheers, hope you all like it! 

61170806-DCB1-42B6-8412-D491611B9820.jpeg

183E041B-55F8-4BC7-B7B4-7ED0AA31AD57.jpeg

607F1D15-E463-40B1-A8B1-D5180B8A1F35.jpeg

Great work on the weathering, very realistic. 

Do you have any photo of the rest of this tractor on the outside? 

Im sure it's in a sorry state if the inside looks like that. ha ha!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Looking into weathering myself now, do you use store bought powder? 

I saw a tip regarding the use of chalks in stead, grinding them down to pigments (would be a lot cheaper). As for the solvent I've seen in use I get a bit unsure as to what I need. Any tips would be appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.