front dowdeswell furrow press

Fantastic build , very good well done . When the real thing first came out around here I had a relation that worked for a local J/D dealer and as J/D tractors were big and powerful quite a few was fitted up with these front presses ,but a few of them suffered with the bell housing cracking due to the stress of a heavy piece off machinery on both ends of the tractor which was made slightly worse when on a side hill headland as the front press used to hang out slightly sideward and with a plough on the back turning over put a twisting motion on the tractor/bell housing which was even worse if the driver was doing this whilst moving instead of stationary . I was told they made up some extra bracing linking the front of the tractor to the back , not sure if this cured the problem as my relation left that job to take up welding            

Archived