• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i saw a white topped nh 7840 today,like i said used by the local water board contractors,nemt to get a pic but the traffic lights changed and she had moved by the time i got back,but down there agin tommorrow,so camera will be on and ready this time

i spose another therory could be that when NH cane in on the scene , all the parts were used up before the blue foof was released , you can find examples of this with david brown into case & case into case-international many of the early case tractors were sporting the old DB orange chassis when they should have been black & many case-ih had been released with the new red & black colour scheme , but were sporting the older case decals :)

i spose another therory could be that when NH cane in on the scene , all the parts were used up before the blue foof was released , you can find examples of this with david brown into case & case into case-international many of the early case tractors were sporting the old DB orange chassis when they should have been black & many case-ih had been released with the new red & black colour scheme , but were sporting the older case decals :)

vica VERSA aswell marcusmore people would respray there magpie cases to CASEIH colours and just not bother to change the decals to see if they could earn an extra buck or two

the second pic is awfull tell its before a case varsion

ACTUALLY IN THEORY THERE WERE NO NH AS THEY REALLY WERE FORDS BOUGHT BY NH SO THE DESIGN WAS FORD NOT NH

RANT OVER!

Not quiet true as NH had bought Ford about 1989 so the 40's had a few years being developed under NH's wing before they were introduced.  ;D

The Ford Motor Company bought New Holland from Sperry in 1987, and then the tractor operations of Ford was bought by Fiat in 1990. When the Fiat and Ford tractor lines were merged it was decided to put the New Holland name on them. This was the first ever instance of a tractor being badged as a New Holland

Someone has been reading Stuart Gibbard's book lately  ;)

Wish that was the only books I had to study at college.  :D

Haven't read it in a while actually, my brother took the two of them (parts 1 & 2) into school because there's some read-a-thon going on and everybody had to bring in three books (the third one was Fever Pitch). I'm hoping to do my Final Year Project next year on the legal implications of the CIH/NH merger

The Ford Motor Company bought New Holland from Sperry in 1987, and then the tractor operations of Ford was bought by Fiat in 1990. When the Fiat and Ford tractor lines were merged it was decided to put the New Holland name on them. This was the first ever instance of a tractor being badged as a New Holland

STOP SPOILING MY FUN

[the second pic is awfull tell its before a case varsion

that second pic is simply vulgar, thats not even a case  , it's a pre 1982 david brown 1490, the man needs a slow hanging .

having said that a neighbour bought a DB 1490 4wd that had been resprayed in the red CASE -IH colours it was done to a professional finish , but it was still a 1490 at the end of the day

Like the detail Richo - the grab rails with lights look very nice and can I see a rear window frame aswell? :) You ought to paint the foot throttle orange though. As Sparrowlegs said, he made me one too which has a different floor plan and he took the plastic cover off the front wieghts too. As everyone else has said NH 7840's came out in 96. On an M plate she should be stickered up as a Ford really but this doesn't take away from the nice little details you have added.

The 40 series originally came out in 1991, with Ford oval on front of bonnet, Ford decals, blue chassis and white cab roof. In 1994-ish, the cab changed to blue, chassis to grey and the Ford oval to the NH leaf, but the Ford decals remained until about early 1996, when they were replaced by New Holland ones, with Ford being written in small letters under the number

yep, our 7740's were made late'94 with all blue, with grey chassis(Fiat 4wd front axle) and were the last fords down the bonnet sides.

Like the detail Richo - the grab rails with lights look very nice and can I see a rear window frame aswell? :) You ought to paint the foot throttle orange though. As Sparrowlegs said, he made me one too which has a different floor plan and he took the plastic cover off the front wieghts too. As everyone else has said NH 7840's came out in 96. On an M plate she should be stickered up as a Ford really but this doesn't take away from the nice little details you have added.

Yes there is a rear window frame made out of brass rod. Have just removed the cover from the front weights and need to paint the weights underneath now but it looks much better. Am also going to try to make some ford decals to correct the tractor. If i can't manage to make decent looking decals is there anyone who would make some for me?