2 hours ago, mb86 said:

Superb again Ian. Can't decide weather I prefer her with or without the cab. 

Thanks Martin, the cab could maybe be lowered a couple of millimetres yet, it kind of sits tall like a Roadless Duncan. Might do that on my second attempt :)

43 minutes ago, Janval said:

Very good! I'm almost tempted to have you build our old Ford 3000 :) I was going to do it myself, but found the donor tractors being to expensive unfortunately..

Thanks Jan, yeah I could give it a go, donor tractors are becoming a big problem these days

Was into models and farms a few years ago and kinda forgot about it. half thinking of getting into it a lil again but abit more advanced. may i ask how you went about making the mold that you make the castings from. h have a few ideas i havent seen before i would like to try.

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:59 PM, ginjaninja95 said:

Was into models and farms a few years ago and kinda forgot about it. half thinking of getting into it a lil again but abit more advanced. may i ask how you went about making the mold that you make the castings from. h have a few ideas i havent seen before i would like to try.

Moulds are made from silicone rubber which is mixed and poured over the part you want to reproduce, once it sets, you pop out the part and fill that gap with resin. There is quite a bit more to it than that though but that's basically it. Have a look on YouTube, there are a lot of instructional videos on there showing how to make basic and complex moulds for certain parts.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:50 AM, IH885XLMAN said:

Did u mould the cab yourself too mate these creations are the dogs danglies mate 

Cheers Nigel, yes I am using the Duncan cab quite a lot now so I've had to cast the cabs too. I'm working on refining the cab by building it from scratch and taking a mould of it. Getting fairly good results using a two part squish mould. Still requires some filling and filing down though.

• 5 months later...

Do you make your own engines/gearboxes/transmissions from scratch moulds from scratch?

Or, for a 3-cyl for example, do you use a Britains model to take a mould from, cast a resin which you then shorten by one cylinder, make a new mould from that, and then cast again as a 3-cyl?

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, Fang said:

Do you make your own engines/gearboxes/transmissions from scratch moulds from scratch?

Or, for a 3-cyl for example, do you use a Britains model to take a mould from, cast a resin which you then shorten by one cylinder, make a new mould from that, and then cast again as a 3-cyl?

Yes Andy that's what I usually do, once it's in resin form it's easier to cut and shape. Other little modifications are made to the skid unit also to take front axle for example.

• 1 month later...

Archived