A selecction of mainly implements at my first show

Thought I’d share this small pic of the stall I had at my first show last year at Toytrac. I was judging alongside the comical Sean Pullen and Hugh Barr. We had a brilliant time. I apologise for the small amount I had to sell I was just gauging interest this first time and meeting everyone ! This year 3 tables are being filled I promise !!  I know this is a implements Only section I apologise for the few tractors ! And lack of green and red tractors at that :D

Cheers

3EB71165-4A79-4F85-A111-4CD2E90EC584.png

Sam your browns flat 8 bale systems are second to none a funny story ovout the first time i used a flat 8 grab 

Bareing in mind the only real place i ever saw a flat 8 system  was on the britains farm range 

Saw them from a distsnce in real life but mainly on shropshire boarder the trend was perry 7 bale systems or round bale spike 

Anyway the first time i used it was summer 88 i was 15  driving a s reg david brosn 996  with a brand new browns flat 8 grab .. so i try for first 10 mins picking the bales up like you do on the britains toy way  drive into the 2 end bales  ha ha! 32   broken bales later  it dawned on me  drive into the bales 4 end on ha ha! 

36 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Sam your browns flat 8 bale systems are second to none a funny story ovout the first time i used a flat 8 grab 

Bareing in mind the only real place i ever saw a flat 8 system  was on the britains farm range 

Saw them from a distsnce in real life but mainly on shropshire boarder the trend was perry 7 bale systems or round bale spike 

Anyway the first time i used it was summer 88 i was 15  driving a s reg david brosn 996  with a brand new browns flat 8 grab .. so i try for first 10 mins picking the bales up like you do on the britains toy way  drive into the 2 end bales  ha ha! 32   broken bales later  it dawned on me  drive into the bales 4 end on ha ha! 

Hahahaha brilliant story !! I can relate to that, I take it you were like me no help just “ay lad chuck that flat 8 on the tractor and load the trailer” ha ha! ! Character building I tell ya. All gotta start somewhere! Cheers for your kind words all my browns replicas are based on the ones I have used, we had the later sledges with the angled frame and wheels on the inside and then the earlier flat 8s without the top braces I think they were called the mk-m1 flat 8s. There was another sledge which had a rounded off frame. Must be a good few variations of them over the years. A neighbour had a SKH sledge ... Salopian Kenneth Hudson if memory serves she put Mini Cooper wheels on and they folded down when he went on the road hahah rare site I tell ya ! Great memories ! I’m sure you’d go back to them days in a flash 

26 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Great selection of models there Sam. Have you a plan of which shows you are attending this year?

Cheers mate, got the 2  Spauldings, Penrith and toytrac pencilled in the diary! But if I’m honest I’ll be attending more just see how orders go in the next few weeks 

2 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Cheers mate, got the 2  Spauldings, Penrith and toytrac pencilled in the diary! But if I’m honest I’ll be attending more just see how orders go in the next few weeks 

I will be going to Penrith again this year so will see you there.. Great show. 

3 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Hahahaha brilliant story !! I can relate to that, I take it you were like me no help just “ay lad chuck that flat 8 on the tractor and load the trailer” ha ha! ! Character building I tell ya. All gotta start somewhere! Cheers for your kind words all my browns replicas are based on the ones I have used, we had the later sledges with the angled frame and wheels on the inside and then the earlier flat 8s without the top braces I think they were called the mk-m1 flat 8s. There was another sledge which had a rounded off frame. Must be a good few variations of them over the years. A neighbour had a SKH sledge ... Salopian Kenneth Hudson if memory serves she put Mini Cooper wheels on and they folded down when he went on the road hahah rare site I tell ya ! Great memories ! I’m sure you’d go back to them days in a flash 

Yes i would ......my go to tractor at the time was a caseih 2wd d'reg 1394  but got lumberd with the 996 for bale work  only had to wait 4 years for the jd 2850 k' reg with spike we evolved into round bales then but still have fond memories of the db 996 on flat 8 work 

Archived