Valtra T series rear hubs

After buying various Valtra T series tractors from SIKU, Universal Hobbies and Wiking I have noticed they all have various attempts at the rear hub detail with some supplying none at all to a poor representation. I even brought some rear hub inserts for my Wiking models, yet they are oversized for the Wiking wheels and are designed to go with the makers Alloy wheels that to change all 4 to match is more than a Wiking Tractor costs :( With looking at various photo's I will now try to modify the brought parts, and then make a master that has all the required detail including the wheel retaining ring that is missing on all models, and cast the corrected version for my growing fleet :)

From the top the real hub, UH version, Wiking version, Siku version :) 

valtra-t234-versu,661669ad.jpg

T163 5.JPG

T174 1.JPG

T191 3.JPG

Wiking ones are a really poor effort,  UH wheels and tyres are very good.....................its worth pointing out that most Valtra T3 series didn't have the shiney metal centres and are exactly like your UH model in real size.  I personally don't like the T3s appearance wise but UH did a first class job on those last T3s and its a shame they didn't retain the Valtra franchise for T4 models  as I think they could have bettered Wikings mediocre attempts todate.

1 hour ago, bluegreen said:

Wiking ones are a really poor effort,  UH wheels and tyres are very good.....................its worth pointing out that most Valtra T3 series didn't have the shiney metal centres and are exactly like your UH model in real size.  I personally don't like the T3s appearance wise but UH did a first class job on those last T3s and its a shame they didn't retain the Valtra franchise for T4 models  as I think they could have bettered Wikings mediocre attempts todate.

I do like my UH Valtra's and would have preferred them to have had 3 link rear linkages and free rolling wheels. I do really like the Wiking T4 models as well (most likely only person that dose :P) yet now I know what the hub looks like I will keep trying to make the correct detail, as the metallic spacer must be fitted for a reason and indentations make it look like a Rockwell axle. I also think the ring will help the Siku T4's as well  :)

just as an easy fast option would it be worth trying to use a small washer that was the correct  size stuck on top of hub cover,then glue some wheelnuts on carefully.

wiking valtra looks good but missing that small piece to be perfect as you say Brian

12 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

just as an easy fast option would it be worth trying to use a small washer that was the correct  size stuck on top of hub cover,then glue some wheelnuts on carefully.

wiking valtra looks good but missing that small piece to be perfect as you say Brian

I am hoping to use a washer and maybe a slim shim washer on top to bend the lip shape, then I will try casting them as I have 3 Wiking Valtra's in my collection now, and sure to add more as I slowly work on removing the Siku ones :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived