USK Scale Models 2018

Theike

• robbo pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, AndyB said:

According to the chap from USK, the new Fendt Vario MTs shelf versions, should be launched soon (he said after Nuremburg), so that you may not need to spend silly money on them........

That is what I have been waiting for, thanks

3 hours ago, AndyB said:

According to the chap from USK, the new Fendt Vario MTs shelf versions, should be launched soon (he said after Nuremburg), so that you may not need to spend silly money on them........

Bit of an update.  The Fendts will be Mid-March (retail prices 1165MT Euro 95 and 943MT Euro 92).  There are US Challenger versions on a boat, but wont be available in Europe.  Lemken Azurit 9 should be available now (Euro 60 retail price)

• 3 months later...

Spoke to the local Agco dealer yesterday,  they have one of the bigger MT1100s on demo from Fendt UK to one of their customers presently...……………….my contact and a mate in the sales dept both think the tractor looks over the top with its red drive wheels,  they don't much like the green cab pillars either!!   Neither do I for that matter...……………….they should have left it in Challenger colours and put a Fendt badge on it, or painted it green and left the wheels and cab pillars black like on the MT 700E  series.

28 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Spoke to the local Agco dealer yesterday,  they have one of the bigger MT1100s on demo from Fendt UK to one of their customers presently...……………….my contact and a mate in the sales dept both think the tractor looks over the top with its red drive wheels,  they don't much like the green cab pillars either!!   Neither do I for that matter...……………….they should have left it in Challenger colours and put a Fendt badge on it, or painted it green and left the wheels and cab pillars black like on the MT 700E  series.

Funny you should say that,I'm fairly sure I read a while back,that it's near impossible to sell a tractor with red wheels in the States,anyone else see this,??

Regards

Joe.

20 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Funny you should say that,I'm fairly sure I read a while back,that it's near impossible to sell a tractor with red wheels in the States,anyone else see this,??

Regards

Joe.

Shortly it might not be possible to sell anything automotive in the US if its made in Germany,  Pres Trump is seriously considering a total ban due to the massively lopsided trade imbalance!!  Personally I wouldn't blame him, mind you it will take a lot to make USA  engineering the same level of quality as the Germans.

30 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Shortly it might not be possible to sell anything automotive in the US if its made in Germany,  Pres Trump is seriously considering a total ban due to the massively lopsided trade imbalance!!  Personally I wouldn't blame him, mind you it will take a lot to make USA  engineering the same level of quality as the Germans.

I thought challengers where made in the States :ph34r:

or are they now only made in Europe :ph34r:

Yes, you are right, the tracked Challenger ( the ex CAT machine) is made in Jackson, Minnesota. Painted yellow as Challenger for US / Canada markets and green Fendt for EU markets. They both go down the same assembly line and are the same machine basically.

I like the challenger colour a lot better too in fact I’d go as far to say the fendt challengers are the worst looking tractors ever,even surpassing the ugly current John deeres.cant wait to add a USA challenger to my fleet.only missing the pink challenger but got every other ever made

nick...

To be fair I haven't seen a Fendt one in the flesh yet, but I guess I might see one at cereals next week if I go that is.   New Fendt green is a really nice colour but the Challenger yellow is so familiar...………………….Its just like when Claas took over challenger machines in the 90s with the 55 tractor which I didn't like much too start with, but then they got really popular and I was sad to see them go back to yellow with the original 765A challenger ha ha!.

• 2 months later...
  • robbo unpinned this topic

Archived