Brians Farm Layout

b_emmons

Good stuff Brian, how did your sale go?

i have gone in the opposite direction lately and bought mostly Britains/Siku mainly as it's cheaper and I hope to weather some of it, something I would be loath to do to an expensive model.  Also have a nice fleet idea which can be made up of Mostly Britains tractors including a couple of big New Hollands or Deeres (undecided) .  I don't have much space though so have some thinking to do about that.

Whats the huge plough behind the Xerion? Is it the Ros one?

5 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Good stuff Brian, how did your sale go?

i have gone in the opposite direction lately and bought mostly Britains/Siku mainly as it's cheaper and I hope to weather some of it, something I would be loath to do to an expensive model.  Also have a nice fleet idea which can be made up of Mostly Britains tractors including a couple of big New Hollands or Deeres (undecided) .  I don't have much space though so have some thinking to do about that.

Whats the huge plough behind the Xerion? Is it the Ros one?

Yep its the Ros Gregoire Besson SPSLB9 14 farrow :) 

I started with low price but as I got hold of a good amount of high end models at reduced prices I have slowly adjusted my fleet to be UH, Ros, Wiking and a few others as 90% is now 3 point front and rear couplings :) The sale went well and allowed me to change out the last 2 items I was having trouble with and to buy some detail up parts :) and buying 2 hitch kits for my siku Valtra S was more expensive than buying a UH one with front 3 point and a well detailed rear end with dummy top link and standard uh lower arms but will be hitched to trailers most of the time :)

I take my hat of to the traders that do it week in and out :)

6 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

Yep its the Ros Gregoire Besson SPSLB9 14 farrow :) 

I started with low price but as I got hold of a good amount of high end models at reduced prices I have slowly adjusted my fleet to be UH, Ros, Wiking and a few others as 90% is now 3 point front and rear couplings :) The sale went well and allowed me to change out the last 2 items I was having trouble with and to buy some detail up parts :) and buying 2 hitch kits for my siku Valtra S was more expensive than buying a UH one with front 3 point and a well detailed rear end with dummy top link and standard uh lower arms but will be hitched to trailers most of the time :)

I take my hat of to the traders that do it week in and out :)

I don't suppose that plough would sit on the plastic quick hitch on the Britains T9 would it? I'd love a huge plough to go behind one of those, 14 furrows might be a bit long though, 10 would do :D

i have kept some of the nicer detailed models but opposite to you not really kept many of the 3 point hitch stuff mainly because it was a faff putting trailers etc on some of them...example being the Wiking Arion, a lovely model but found the hitch part too high up so a two axle trailer tended to only sit on its back axle.  And more of my implements are cheaper so it's simpler with Britains/ Siku hitch tractors.

but I am quite fickle and may change my mind again one day! 

2 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I don't suppose that plough would sit on the plastic quick hitch on the Britains T9 would it? I'd love a huge plough to go behind one of those, 14 furrows might be a bit long though, 10 would do :D

i have kept some of the nicer detailed models but opposite to you not really kept many of the 3 point hitch stuff mainly because it was a faff putting trailers etc on some of them...example being the Wiking Arion, a lovely model but found the hitch part too high up so a two axle trailer tended to only sit on its back axle.  And more of my implements are cheaper so it's simpler with Britains/ Siku hitch tractors.

but I am quite fickle and may change my mind again one day! 

it comes with a Siku/Britains adapter that can be fitted, in  same way UH stuff comes fitted with adapters that can be removed :) 

have noticed a few firms do that now except Britain's and siku :(

• 9 months later...

just trying to update my layout whilst waiting for my hospital appointment for an eye problem, so working on a barn :) 

more photo's to follow and have decided to leave part of the roof open for vision :ph34r:

D2C_0248.JPG

D2C_0249.JPG

D2C_0250.JPG

D2C_0251.JPG

D2C_0252.JPG

D2C_0253.JPG

D2C_0256.JPG

D2C_0257.JPG

• 2 months later...

Archived