JCB 3CX Sitemaster

2 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Your cheating now chap ;) looks trick as always mate. What’s the motive behind building this old girl then ?

She's on a farm where I do some work, been there from almost new and she's the main loader  tractor. Before I started going I'd never driven a JCB and I thought compared to a loader tractor it would be quite "numb", however, I soon came to realise what a fantastic tool she is, in fact now I actually find a tractor cumbersome in comparison. The lifting power is immense, and even with over 13000 hours on the clock, she's still faultless. No matter how hard you work her, she never shows any sign of fade through the day. The main tractor there is a 300hp New Holland and it is a beast, but for me it's not in the same league as the old digger, she just never gives in. It is true that they don't make them like they used to.:) 

• Like 4

Ah grand story mate. I’ve not had anything to do with jcb apart from a fastrac prototype I had a whirl on... proper old hen. Sounded well and the only thing lacking in the cab was a reclining  sofa. Your right with regards to them not being built the same... there’s a saying something like old horsepower over new it’s true !

25 minutes ago, 844john said:

She's on a farm where I do some work, been there from almost new and she's the main loader  tractor. Before I started going I'd never driven a JCB and I thought compared to a loader tractor it would be quite "numb", however, I soon came to realise what a fantastic tool she is, in fact now I actually find a tractor cumbersome in comparison. The lifting power is immense, and even with over 13000 hours on the clock, she's still faultless. No matter how hard you work her, she never shows any sign of fade through the day. The main tractor there is a 300hp New Holland and it is a beast, but for me it's not in the same league as the old digger, she just never gives in. It is true that they don't make them like they used to.:) 

• Like 1

No worries mate :) Do you add pipe work before painting ? I usually add them after and just make a small dimple with my exacto blade in the ram before paint to act as a well for the glue and aid the bonding process. I have made a few static ones but added them beforehand though as the layers of spray act as a good sealer then just painted them up in Matte once dry 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Crikey. How do you manage them all! Just saw both threads had been updated and thought, “he’s got the yellow out”

Well, she wasn't quite ready for paint, but I'd mixed too much and the farmer in me doesn't like to waste anything!;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...