JCB 3CX Sitemaster

14 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Now that is fantastic!

Thank you James

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

hell thats good john, notice you can swap front attachments, have you dome the same on the rear ?

Thanks Sean, yes, the bucket on the back actor is removable, I intend to make a trenching bucket and a wider digging bucket, and also a large bucket for the front, as per the real one that she's based on.

Thanks for the kind comments lads, it's certainly nice to see it finished (apart from a few decals). It's not really obvious in the pictures, but when gluing the pipes on the loader I carelessly dropped two big blobs of superglue on the bonnet:( I've cleaned it up as best as i could, but it no longer has the shine and finish that it did, hence the thoughts of weathering. When looking at the model no one seems to notice it unless i point it out, but i know its there, so still just pondering what to do at the moment:) 

• Like 1

Just now, 844john said:

Thanks for the kind comments lads, it's certainly nice to see it finished (apart from a few decals). It's not really obvious in the pictures, but when gluing the pipes on the loader I carelessly dropped two big blobs of superglue on the bonnet:( I've cleaned it up as best as i could, but it no longer has the shine and finish that it did, hence the thoughts of weathering. When looking at the model no one seems to notice it unless i point it out, but i know its there, so still just pondering what to do at the moment:) 

The problem with model building is just that, you always know where all the faults are! No one else does. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Stunning John, a particular congratulations on the glazing, always difficult and again you've pulled it off flawlessly

Thanks James, I've found that a very fine paintbrush to apply the glue and plenty of patience is the method, I've plenty of brushes, patience however is usually a bit thin on the ground!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T.H Conversions said:

The problem I find with weathering is to get it to look real, the paint has to be matte but you have gone to all the time and effort of getting a really good paint finish :) 

I agree, the few models that I've aged/weathered in the past I've dulled the paint work with wire wool first, to me it just looks unrealistic to have nice shiny paint and then try and imitate age and rusting on it:)

• Like 1

honestly john ,when you go to that much effort scratch building a item like that, i say leave her as new, i do with all of mine, seems such a waste of the work put into it, off the shelf stuff yeah,fine with that ,had you not mentioned the glue marks no one would have known  thats for sure 

• Like 1