JCB 3CX Sitemaster

Thanks Paul, they're not perfect by a long way but I hope I've captured the feel of each one, especially the JCB as it's a machine that I drive and I've wanted a model of one for a while now:) As for such accolades, I usually feel quite happy with what I've achieved, then I look at some of the other builds on here and realise that I've still got a long way to go yet!:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alf aphid said:

So John, with this enviable level of focus you’ve been exhibiting in completing the 3cx and matbro, what’s next???

:D We'll, I've spent the past couple of nights drawing out plans for an early Kramer 312 and also an LP cabbed Ford 4610. I've also got partial plans done for a New Holland 8070 combine and  Leyland 282,  but really I should try and get my two Cases, trailers and B47 baler finished first! My excuse for the tractors is finding suitable wheels for them, so I'm waiting for Penrith to see if i can come across something;) Having said all that, something else might pop into my mind that's much more appealing to start than all of those;):D

• Like 5

10 hours ago, 844john said:

:D We'll, I've spent the past couple of nights drawing out plans for an early Kramer 312 and also an LP cabbed Ford 4610. I've also got partial plans done for a New Holland 8070 combine and  Leyland 282,  but really I should try and get my two Cases, trailers and B47 baler finished first! My excuse for the tractors is finding suitable wheels for them, so I'm waiting for Penrith to see if i can come across something;) Having said all that, something else might pop into my mind that's much more appealing to start than all of those;):D

Ha ha, I’m nowhere near finished yet but I’m planning in my head the next ones! Get on with the baler, I have on my list an international 440, so yours will be a good guide again ;)  

seriosly toying with a Combine next too :o

but then I should finish my other MF 7 tonner 

Edited by alf aphid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alf aphid said:

Ha ha, I’m nowhere near finished yet but I’m planning in my head the next ones! Get on with the baler, I have on my list an international 440, so yours will be a good guide again ;)  

seriosly toying with a Combine next too :o

but then I should finish my other MF 7 tonner 

We're all the same Alastair, the next project is always more appealing! I actually brought the baler in tonight to do a bit on, but then all being well I'm going to Martin's tomorrow to measure up his Kramer, so it'll probably sit as it is for a while!:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, 844john said:

Another build that I started a few years ago and then came to a standstill, so I thought in between doing the other two tractors I would crack on with this as well ( I do get bored easily and like a change:D). Anyway, progress so far, wheels are just popped underneath to give an idea of proportions :

WP_20180218_18_12_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20180218_18_13_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20180218_18_13_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20180218_18_14_09_Pro.jpg

A bit late for this one, but if you need any further information on the JCB cabs I may be able to help you with Engineering drawings