Vossakasso build & Taarup convo

I built a rough prototype last year just to see how it would fit together, and recently I have started the conversion of the harvester and the proper Vossakasso build. It's not straight forward as the Taarup isn't made for this use - so I have made a shortcut here.

Just to illustrate changes made to the Taarup attachment, I have repositioned the PTO as it was on the wrong side. I have also loosened it from the harvester itself to make it more realistic to "work with". Since the attachment doesn't have the appropriate frame (I didn't make it a priority to alter this) I have made the old 3rd point system usable. I will perhaps have to make another hole to fit the 3rd point hitch on the actual tractor it will sit on as the UH linkage makes it look horrible - I will illustrate this further down.
28383254_1749887798366710_701295205_n.jp

Here's how it would look with the UH linkage, it sits waaay too far back from the tractor making the whole thing look stupid. So most likely I will remove the whole thing from the Taarup and try to fit it on another tractor using only the "pins" that are already there somehow, thus taking a bit of space away. Then I will fit a PTO onto it to make it look more real :) 
5a91de7c02a20_2018-02-1620_10_42.thumb.jpg.86932d076c9810ee22111142696897bd.jpg

Here's how the backside of the Vossakasso looks like fitted onto the Taarup, as you can see I have "cheated" a bit in the way I fitted the lower part of it. Ideally it would sit on a HMV coupling, or like in the old days 3 point hitched onto the Taarup, but that's really a totally different designed Taarup. So I'm actualy pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm also pondering on how to do the rest of the build, I think I might have to add some thickness to it, I reckon it will be hard to make the rest of it with the level of detail I want based on 1mm styrene.
28449865_1749887828366707_1951913390_n.j
28534876_1749887818366708_457375697_n.jp

• Like 6

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...