Henton 12 ton trailer

So I’ve been flat out with orders this week. Today I gave some time to this 1 of 2 henton trailers I’m building for a chap. Some brass in there really weighted it up. And made great braces everything feels very solid. But in fairness not that much stronger than styrene and weld ! I Got the rear door fully working just need to connect it up to the chassis which does have a working ram I just took it out as I will be applying some paint tonight hopefully. Excuse the letters and scetches on the styrene it’s just for reference as it’s the first one I’ve built. I’m hoping to make a near exact copy for the next one. 

5785B302-480A-4C62-B8AE-FCAABF975A97.jpeg

23921350-76B3-435C-B3F4-83F80C6EAF46.jpeg

59E426A3-A779-47A2-AB4E-4A22A48AAF63.jpeg

0BF089EF-6B18-4B65-B228-9CAAD2EC94F1.jpeg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully Working indespension built up and fitted (I think that’s how it’s spelt) I’ll add a inspection ladder tommorow braces on the rear door some U channel for the tail lights and some chassis lights. Them off to the paint room Hopefully about 8 tommorow morning and I can crack on with another few bits :) 

93B80B27-3AD3-4BCE-BD12-2B064C056E2B.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Thanks pal. Kinda feels worth it now I’ve got it all done. I’d re consider doing more !! Maybe only single axles though :D 

Suits the double axle i reckon! Would look good behind an 8210 or TW!!

8 minutes ago, Anderson Agri said:

Suits the double axle i reckon! Would look good behind an 8210 or TW!!

Aye would look well on a 7810 too. Or go the other way and put a 40/50 series Deere on her. And I mean a different style of single axle trailer altogether.. like a single axle weeks or fosters etc. One thing that was irritating was the shape of the body At the bottom as it’s angled. I’ll see how I feel after the next one ha ha!.

26 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Cheers Brian ;) how’s the combine coming on mate ? 

doing a little more work on the header at the moment, so will post an update soon :)

Also looking at adding some detail to a ROS trailer chassis ;) 

Hate to say this Sam, but I have a real aversion to beacons, there's nowt worse than some youth tearing down the road with twin idiot beacons flashing away and nothing on the back, but then maybe I'm just getting old!:D

Archived