John Deere 6830 & Hydrocut G-rahf Hedge Cutter / tabmodels

I've been asked to build three of these beasts with fully working arms. Owned and operated by Agriplant Ltd, they run a fleet of five extensively modified Hydrocut G-rahfs with Bomford flail heads. They are celebrating their 50th anniversary with three of these models, so, no pressure :D Starting with three Siku John Deere 6920s models (one of these being radio controlled!) they will be converted to 6830 premiums and fitted with scratch built G-rahfs.

5aa03fd8e2dc5_thumbnail_hydrocut20x5.thumb.jpg.118db880f28ccf18a263666a59c3b844.jpgthumbnail_Picture_0028.thumb.jpg.94c5295541b7bb12a5ca5ceae59e5c28.jpgthumbnail_Picture_0035a.thumb.jpg.034161c37a46cfe9f7d85391bff28601.jpgthumbnail_Picture_0034.jpg.8999acbfdf24156c6bd3aa0a39d328e2.jpgthumbnail_26102017812.thumb.jpg.888cbd8ffae68602faefa7111c5a2804.jpg

21 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

No worries mate :) I’m feeling much the same with my 2x hentons and claas jaguar 75 :D plus with my arm strapped up it’s beginning to feel impossible!!! Haha 

What happened to your arm Sam?

1 hour ago, tabmodels said:

What happened to your arm Sam?

I ran out of talent on the yz 250 on Friday and come a cropper, ripped a tendant in my arm or stretched it. Didn’t think much of it as it was just aching so carried on riding for a few hours. Woke up following day it was hurting abit more but still Went out for the day. I tried a jumper on as I lifted my arm up I just heard a rip and it was like paper ripping in my arm and felt really weird couldn’t move my arm was real painful so went quacks and they strapped it up so I can only move my wrist unfortunately. Must of just been all it needed to push it over the edge and completely rip it. Just irritating as it is now tied up it just aches which I wouldn’t mind if I could move it but I can’t. So building models is proving difficult at this moment in time haha ! Be back to normal in 8 weeks or so they said :( hope it’s sooner mate !! 

12 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

I ran out of talent on the yz 250 on Friday and come a cropper, ripped a tendant in my arm or stretched it. Didn’t think much of it as it was just aching so carried on riding for a few hours. Woke up following day it was hurting abit more but still Went out for the day. I tried a jumper on as I lifted my arm up I just heard a rip and it was like paper ripping in my arm and felt really weird couldn’t move my arm was real painful so went quacks and they strapped it up so I can only move my wrist unfortunately. Must of just been all it needed to push it over the edge and completely rip it. Just irritating as it is now tied up it just aches which I wouldn’t mind if I could move it but I can’t. So building models is proving difficult at this moment in time haha ! Be back to normal in 8 weeks or so they said :( hope it’s sooner mate !! 

Hope you weren't trying those double 360 backflips again! :D Sorry to hear that Sam, sounds painful, 8 weeks is a long time, must be really frustrating. Hope it rights itself well before then, I think I could handle the pain but not being able to use my hands or arms would kill me!

28 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

Hope you weren't trying those double 360 backflips again! :D Sorry to hear that Sam, sounds painful, 8 weeks is a long time, must be really frustrating. Hope it rights itself well before then, I think I could handle the pain but not being able to use my hands or arms would kill me!

Hahah not this time mate ;) hit some loose dirt that had been moved about by other bikes and spat its dummy out was doing about 55 and came to a stop pretty quick ha ha! :D cheers mate I hope it sorts faster soon ! Seeing all these amazing models is making me wanna get back at it properly !! 

• 2 months later...

Arm construction under way, some small changes were made to the G-rahfs by the company to improve them. Not always easy to incorporate into the model without compromising strength and functionality but can only get as close as possible :)

DSC_1609.thumb.JPG.861727593c865252de131a3bc80638fe.JPGDSC_1610.thumb.JPG.c97bd5a8b4fa6bb5dda85ed4f36e7b79.JPGDSC_1611.thumb.JPG.9de90bb62daee03fa44b4b575170c052.JPGDSC_1612.thumb.JPG.fe54582afb121fcf51b28932d0fcc3f2.JPGDSC_1613.thumb.JPG.68b178982bfc841c5d34d2bd2292d130.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, CX820Joe said:

These look great, can I ask how you did the glazing for the cab doors? 

Thanks! I basically made a template to fit the door, then cut it from clear styrene. Had to clamp them to follow the slight curve and glue them with araldite.

58 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

Thanks! I basically made a template to fit the door, then cut it from clear styrene. Had to clamp them to follow the slight curve and glue them with araldite.

Very grateful for the reply, I bought a Siku JD and think it would look better with the gaps filled in but I expect I would make a hash of a job like that...I tried to make their old Lexion 480 look decent with cab glazing years ago...it was certainly not a success.

1 minute ago, CX820Joe said:

Very grateful for the reply, I bought a Siku JD and think it would look better with the gaps filled in but I expect I would make a hash of a job like that...I tried to make their old Lexion 480 look decent with cab glazing years ago...it was certainly not a success.

No problem, yeah it's tricky keeping the glue off the windows!

• 1 month later...

Thats impressive ian , hard enough to build let alone paint and keep the functions , I actually saw something like this , on a jd parked up last week , looked a hell of a beast , couldnt see any decals on it to see a maker , but there cant be many arround making stuff like that .

Archived