Sipher's Farm Updated 07/101/09 "NEW PICTURES ADDED"

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckly we don't use those wheels behind the board any more, we sold the tractor, and the McCormick wheels on the end can nicely be taken out the door behind them, fingers crossed.  Hopefully though when it is finished I will move it into one of the games rooms or the pump room in the house. 

soil, I spent a couple of hours sifting soil from the field behind my yard to get it fine, then I layed it on a sheet to dry out for a couple of hours, and hay presto instant field.  It looks really good in the flesh, I had a go at doing a bit of ploughing on it early and it is amazing how well the siku ploughs work.  Only problem is that because it is so dusty, the tractors just sink to the bottom board. 

soil, I spent a couple of hours sifting soil from the field behind my yard to get it fine, then I layed it on a sheet to dry out for a couple of hours, and hay presto instant field.  It looks really good in the flesh, I had a go at doing a bit of ploughing on it early and it is amazing how well the siku ploughs work.  Only problem is that because it is so dusty, the tractors just sink to the bottom board. 

Cracking idea that for soil... I wonder if sand would do the same job  ???

It might look the wrong colour, and you would have to make sure to get it bone dry else it will warp the wood.  The second field in my display does needs a little topping up, but i'm just waiting for a nice dry day.  The plan is also to have a crop of standing wheat, I'm going to go out and get a few goldy brown coloured door mates. 

It might look the wrong colour, and you would have to make sure to get it bone dry else it will warp the wood.  The second field in my display does needs a little topping up, but i'm just waiting for a nice dry day.  The plan is also to have a crop of standing wheat, I'm going to go out and get a few goldy brown coloured door mates. 

Antoher cracking idea... doormats  :o - You are the daddy of invention sipher - what about baking the soil in your oven for a few hours  ??? ??? ???

Antoher cracking idea... doormats  :o - You are the daddy of invention sipher - what about baking the soil in your oven for a few hours  ??? ??? ???

its funny ideas on this board go round and round in a yearly cycle! :D :D :D

its funny ideas on this board go round and round in a yearly cycle! :D :D :D

I take it back then... who had the doormat idea first then....

Whoever you are... you are the daddy of invention - and Sipher you are just a fraud and a copycat  :D :D :D :D

I didn't claim the orginality of the idea.  I saw it on the Troiseme Point, I think it was done by the minitoys, people.

Just joshing you mate... I claimed the original idea for you... until Ben stepped in and pooh pooh'd the idea  ::) - Ben you are a spoil sport... and now you've upset Sipher  ::):D :D

Well if you are feeling remoresful (hahahaha), you might be able to help me, I need to think of a way to make a standing crop of peas.  My idea has been to buy a load of train set hedging, and spray it in a light shade of green, but spraying it on close to create a thick effect in place, that will hopefully look like peas.  If you or any one else has any ideas, I would be appreciate it. 

Well if you are feeling remoresful (hahahaha), you might be able to help me, I need to think of a way to make a standing crop of peas.  My idea has been to buy a load of train set hedging, and spray it in a light shade of green, but spraying it on close to create a thick effect in place, that will hopefully look like peas.  If you or any one else has any ideas, I would be appreciate it. 

Ummm I'm not very creatiive I am sorry to say :-\ - How about some natural sponge - the open wirey looking stuff (usually when you turn it over it looks good) - that's a crap idea I know but I just thought I would suggest something  :-\

sounds ok, just have to try it out really :) :)