Matbro Teleram

Cab doors made. I've decided to model it with the right hand doors closed and the left side open. Apparently, the wife has a 'craft box' which amongst other things contains some tiny beads, so I'm going to replace the levers in the cab with more realistic sized knobs. I've also given the driver a more comfortable seat!:D

WP_20180725_17_51_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20180725_17_52_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20180725_17_57_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20180725_18_00_34_Pro.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, alf aphid said:

this one isn’t going to stop part finished John!

I hope not Alastair, if possible i would like it done before the straw's ready to lead, otherwise it will come to a stop for a while!

19 hours ago, alf aphid said:

yes Sam has hit nail on the head it is absolutely stunning looking forwards to the paint now! 

Must get started on mine too! 

Thanks Alastair, I'm looking forward to seeing you making a start!

rear counter-weight,air cleaner,  header- tank and exhaust added. Just the wheels and lights to add and some final detailing in the cab and on the bonnet then she's ready for some paint!

WP_20180728_17_48_13_Pro.jpg

There's more left to do than i thought!:lol: Rear axle made and fitted, wheels tried on, steering rams fitted, some panelling on the boom added and a start on some of the pipework, although most of the hoses will be added after the paint

looking tidy mate, does the door work or is it just going to be fixed open? certainly do not envey you painting it, i have never ever had any luck beti g a good finish with yellow paint, infact its stopped me doing a planned nh combine build i hate it that much 

No, the door will be fixed Sean, the top one can still be swung but the small bottom one was going to be difficult to do without the hinges looking much too large. As for the yellow, oh good, i love (sorry, loathe!)painting at the best of times:(

Looking great John, can’t wait to see it painted up! Yes yellow can be a bit different, just make sure you use white primer and take your time. You will be fine. When do you reckon paint day will be? 

5 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Looking great John, can’t wait to see it painted up! Yes yellow can be a bit different, just make sure you use white primer and take your time. You will be fine. When do you reckon paint day will be? 

Thanks Alastair, i think there's maybe another hour or two finishing off bits and pieces then she'll be ready for the paint, my next problem is getting a yellow that's the right shade. As for when I'll be putting it on, i always feel that the painting stage is the time with a high possibility that all your hours of work can be ruined in seconds, so I'm not rushing to pick the spray gun up just yet!

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Thanks Alastair, i think there's maybe another hour or two finishing off bits and pieces then she'll be ready for the paint, my next problem is getting a yellow that's the right shade. As for when I'll be putting it on, i always feel that the painting stage is the time with a high possibility that all your hours of work can be ruined in seconds, so I'm not rushing to pick the spray gun up just yet!

Yes, it’s not like you can dip it if you cock it up!! 

Rover Inca yellow, I seem to remember thinking that was a good matbro match. Can get it from Halfords mate. Just literally dust it with 3/4 basecoats after your primer and then shine it up with lacquer John you’ll be fine mate. Just watch out for them pesky runs. Soon as the lacquer looks wet and flat your good to let it dry. You probably know all this but if your like me I can get carried away looking for the “ultimate shine” and end up needing to sand the thing down and start again ! :D she looks real well though mate 

1 hour ago, 844john said:

cheers Sam,  I'll have a tootle down to Halfords when i get time, if i cock it up it might end up being "heavily weathered":D

Anytime mate ! Yeah I would there really good tins there good pressure aswel. I’m no professional paint by any means but they do come out nicely with some time I guess. Please don’t weather it !!!! My weathering days are over hahah. These things take too much time to weather now. I’ll do the odd thing but I like that new look now ! 

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Its not the make of paint i have issues with its just yellow as a colour , always seems to either go on patchy  or seems to separate , never ever had them issues with any other colour just yellow  

Same here Sean, I seem to always have coverage problems with yellow. I've tried grey primer and white primer, the only way to do it is just keep applying light coats after each coat dries and build the colour up. It will get there in the end, I think some paint pigments cover better than others and yellow always seems to go on very thin.

Archived