Land Rover series 2 109 conversion

Thought I would do a series of posts on converting my Britains 109...IMG_4425.thumb.JPG.13749140a6193dab5a540188903413c2.JPG

The first challenge is tackling the roof. I've decided to go for a pickup version but that means I have to fit a curved top roof which is great but I've got to find a way of making it so this will be a bit of an experiment...IMG_7201.thumb.PNG.afc6d01dfa4704b2c7a78898a347aeeb.PNG

they are copys of the ones britains did if i remember rightly, on the british gas one, and i think i have seen an autoway one to,  poss dave twose ,or brian norman may do them .i have one which i plan to ise,an origonal thats bust on the rear window, but i can sort that when i get round to it  only ever seen them in blue or black,and not very comon as they seem to have got lost easily

9102598D-F99C-480C-92CC-8A4803AF704E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Toolbox Tam said:

You asked in D & H Plant hire topic about these  conversions . There are one piece , white metal cab roof / rear window sections available , don’t ask me where I obtained it , but I have had & used one in the past .

42 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

they are copys of the ones britains did if i remember rightly, on the british gas one, and i think i have seen an autoway one to,  poss dave twose ,or brian norman may do them .i have one which i plan to ise,an origonal thats bust on the rear window, but i can sort that when i get round to it  only ever seen them in blue or black,and not very comon as they seem to have got lost easily

9102598D-F99C-480C-92CC-8A4803AF704E.jpeg

I will have a look round  thank you :) 

Has anyone ever taken a model apart (or taken the screws out and it has fallen apart in your hands, ahem) and then you think...poo...

how the hell does that go back together?  Well I've just spent half a hour trying to reassemble the Britains 109    The most trickiest puzzle ever, it all slots together in a certain order but as you putting things on, bits fall off and you have to do it all over again:wacko:

• 1 month later...

just bought a metal cab for a Britains Land Rover like the one I was looking for at the start of this project, it turns out that a few months of searching has paid off :)  so the Land Rover has been lurking in my 'unfinished area' on my table and has become a scrap bin so I'm once again going to ditch my previous plan...IMG_7477.thumb.JPG.eed2e8849b6a2c2a12db0f7a3e4f1f88.JPG

Yes it's a hard shape to master, I tried it several times in the past . I made one out of pva but before I started the project I tried making it out of clay but it was so hard to get the right curve and stuff and it didn't fit or anything, I fished it out and here it is, I must say it is shoddy...IMG_7481.thumb.JPG.e159ff05b973c7913532026c68769bf5.JPG

Archived