Coppice Acre Farm

Ferret90

1 hour ago, alf aphid said:

Ted you have a real knack on this stuff. Very nicely executed. I’m fairly sure to the untrained eye you’d think the photos are of real life

I really look forward to making up a diorama, something I’ve never done. I need to move though as I don’t have enough spare rooms! I think I’d be divorced if I used the spare room!  Give me a couple of years then I’ll be coming for advice!!

Cheers, Alastair :) yes, I find it's a nice way to display models but it doesn't need to be massive. I don't have any spare rooms and mine is just on a shelf on the wall, 6ft by about 1.5ft. I've got another few shelves underneath with tractors on but it's all about maximising space. Also it's easy to get too and you don't have any areas you can't reach ;) I do need so better lights though IMG_5358.thumb.JPG.293368e0b527c4572f7af94374592594.JPG

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished a belt driven saw bench.It was straightforward apart from the actual saw which I had several attempts at making with no luck, but I found a 22mm Dremel cutting disk which did the trick.I need to find a better belt though as the elastic band isn't long enough^_^IMG_5497.thumb.JPG.5cc6334be16e29ebdaa9e4a594c79893.JPGIMG_5498.thumb.JPG.38f44f98f82cf65ee4027ad03048f26b.JPGIMG_5499.thumb.JPG.5ab28db0e8d859ecd15bc0dfcf9dcbc2.JPGIMG_5496.thumb.JPG.acce035f83c5dbe08ab9b4d2b0d13a63.JPGIMG_5495.thumb.JPG.50e4f1257b3635fcd04646f2ca8a7fd7.JPG

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, fordmajor said:

Looking good. As usual . Are you using Balsa? 

Haha, no I'm using ply wood, I usually use cardboard but it tends to be abit weak. The problem is the windows but I found a dremel did the trick and its glued together :) 

Its Never easy to do houses , the older ones your making ,like mine, were always so much smaller in doors and windows etc, floor levels etc , so it throws your eye out when you do it, always look to small compared to the window or door inFront of you ,puts doubt in your mind that you have it right 

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Its Never easy to do houses , the older ones your making ,like mine, were always so much smaller in doors and windows etc, floor levels etc , so it throws your eye out when you do it, always look to small compared to the window or door inFront of you ,puts doubt in your mind that you have it right 

I've had that problem, taken me ages to get them positioned right and the right sizes. Thinking of going for cased windows as well

Archived