I've always wanted to squeeze some detail out of the Britains Ford 5000 but was never happy with the later issue cabs. I think they got the skid units / bonnets perfect, but the cab just wasn't right. As with the older Britains 5000, the cabs were perfect but the skid units / bonnets didn't hit the mark for me. So I decided to fit the old cab to the newer skid units and got a slightly more accurate 5000. I'm planning on posting all of my Ford 5000 variations here over time as it's quite a popular tractor to convert.

DSC_2179.thumb.JPG.64f326652e379ef3cd416b162ed18151.JPGDSC_2180.thumb.JPG.bd87cad44651b12920ede0ebfedbb0f6.JPG

36 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Wow. What a transformation Ian, looking at your model you'd never think it was based on the original britains. Stunning work again. Are these your own casting or a conversion on the britains chassis?

Thanks Martin, The chassis and bonnet are cast from the newer 5000 which I reckon is dimensionally correct, the cab is cast from the old 5000. I also used the old 5000 mudguards and cast them adding the square tail lights. Hope to do the same thing with the 7000 and other variations.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, alf aphid said:

Yes really good Ian funny to think no one has actually made these series of tractors as a detailed model yet. 

Yes Alastair, I was surprised myself that no one has mated the old cab to the new skid unit, or maybe I just haven't seen one yet!

I have done a uh 5000 with the old britains cab and arches, went really well infact . Lot easier to do than i thought it would be i have to say , also done a 6600 , should be pics in my ash tree topic as i am on my mobile at present and photo buckets playing up ??

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I have done a uh 5000 with the old britains cab and arches, went really well infact . Lot easier to do than i thought it would be i have to say , also done a 6600 , should be pics in my ash tree topic as i am on my mobile at present and photo buckets playing up ??

I bet that looks well, unfortunately I can't see any images on that topic at all Sean :unsure:

On 9/17/2018 at 9:42 PM, tabmodels said:

I bet that looks well, unfortunately I can't see any images on that topic at all Sean :unsure:

The early ones will be photobucket ones , but the fords i did a uh base 6600 and a 5000 loader were all just uploads si should be ok , sadly not home till the 26th and dont have them on my mobile , unless some kind sole can find them for us 

12 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

The early ones will be photobucket ones , but the fords i did a uh base 6600 and a 5000 loader were all just uploads si should be ok , sadly not home till the 26th and dont have them on my mobile , unless some kind sole can find them for us 

Had a wee look through Ash Trees Sean,tricky,there's 88 pages,and,a lot of the older images are no longer viewable,??,but here is a link from 2013ish,

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/topic/771-ash-tree-farm-tms-farm-work-in-progress/?page=75

Regards

Joe.

Archived