Britains 2019

ford man

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

the colour could just be the photo Justin

You can correct me if I'm wrong when we see it in the flesh Paul. But I don't think it's the picture. Both front and rear rims look very discoloured.  Unless it's just the unfinished prototype maybe. Its about as good as a NewRay toy and no better by the looks of it. The Valtra was a bit of a let down also when it came out.

23 hours ago, justy 46 said:

The Fendt again is let down by the Siku style front linkage and the wheel centres look odd or unfinished.. They are nearly as pink as the Valtra.. 

The front linkage style is down to getting certification to sell them to under 14s.

I think the lighting is the issue with the photo. Very bright lights in a show hall.

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

at the end of the day its a toy ,if you want a detailed fendt 828 you will go to uh , weise or wiking.  

Very true Sean, Britain's often get slated for their releases but at the end of the day they are aimed primarily at the toy market and not the collector...it says 3+ on the box not 14+ like UH, Replicagri, Wiking etc. I'm sure most of us got into the hobby through the Britains toys that we played with as kids and not some model that you daren't touch for fear of breaking something.

17 hours ago, justy 46 said:

You can correct me if I'm wrong when we see it in the flesh Paul. But I don't think it's the picture. Both front and rear rims look very discoloured.  Unless it's just the unfinished prototype maybe. Its about as good as a NewRay toy and no better by the looks of it. The Valtra was a bit of a let down also when it came out.

I agree with you Justin,that fendt isn't near the standard of the recent jd 3000's or  ford 6600's

The TM looks promising; the attachments look ok as well.  Interested to see what the 541-70 Loadall will look like and whether it will have a similar attachment method to the TM(in the way the previous TM310 and 550 Loadall did).  

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

The TM looks promising; the attachments look ok as well.  Interested to see what the 541-70 Loadall will look like and whether it will have a similar attachment method to the TM(in the way the previous TM310 and 550 Loadall did).  

Hmmmmm .....

Not sure about the industrial tyres on the TM. Any word of a set of forks (bale/pallet) for it? 

Looks well though.  

11 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Its in the 2019 catalogue, albeit as a silhouette with 'coming soon'.  Same goes for the JD 6130r

I don’t think these shape pictures showing Britains models at all. The JD silhouette seems  to be taken from the Ertl 1/16 Model, and obviously the Claas Xerion „prototype“ is ... a Bruder! 

F8024D41-80A9-4D9B-A24C-78D7894F05FE.thumb.jpeg.3a7c6c25538bcc67ec2582c564370418.jpeg95598620-4EDF-4A61-8241-25ACCEFCAE7D.thumb.jpeg.f290f61c72435a8bd016cf4113c7bc65.jpeg81CAC04B-8E25-406C-B4EC-BE9A0491F8D2.thumb.jpeg.eed2593761b35e1785746e5597f97c20.jpeg802FA266-26EF-4822-8826-3411F59AAD45.thumb.jpeg.1d761fca836f3f12d06dcf74f8d5bf42.jpeg

So we have to be patient. I‘am looking forward to decent models without this useless, ugly front hitch!

Gernod

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just found a toymaster shop that actually sells britains , only 60 odd miles  away :D, had a interesting discussion with the manager regards the gold  kane trailer. Apprently he wasnt able to order any at all, had several people after them , 10 odd i think he said , and was flatly refused them and told to direct the people after them to kane themselfs for them?? Anyone had this ? Could explain why most i have seen on ebay seem to be irish sellers . 

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Just found a toymaster shop that actually sells britains , only 60 odd miles  away :D, had a interesting discussion with the manager regards the gold  kane trailer. Apprently he wasnt able to order any at all, had several people after them , 10 odd i think he said , and was flatly refused them and told to direct the people after them to kane themselfs for them?? Anyone had this ? Could explain why most i have seen on ebay seem to be irish sellers . 

After initial positivity about my local shops having them, I found out that it was less the case! It seems that northern Toymasters had them and none in the south.  Then the only way for southern shops to get them was from the wholesaler, who charged over £20 a lump.  Even then the main brand Toymasters couldn't get them and associated shops were at the back of the queue! Total Britains balls up in my humble.   I managed to get two at the retail price, so am lucky,. Whoever thought of restricted distribution needs their head examining! Whatever they did 2500 pieces would have sold no problem.

I have been on the Kane website and their shop is unavailable,  so who knows!

Have always said limiting to one seller was a bad idea, even more ,one that seems to have only a few branches that sell the brand, its not a model i am particularly after as i am not really into the newer briatins stuff like this , but how many younger collecters cant get hold of it or face paying way over the odds via fleabay now , i suspect most have doubled the price at least on there prob more 

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Britain's newsletter by email the other day, nothing too exciting really:

Celebrating Trailer Production
This year Kane Trailers celebrates 50 years of trailer production and as part of their celebrations we are releasing a special model trailer.
Kane Trailers is a family run business located in County Down, Northern Ireland not far from Harry Ferguson’s home.  Started in 1969 from humble beginnings their iconic blue and yellow trailers are now seen in over 25 countries.  They have now sold over 15,000 trailers with the venture into some other agricultural produces aside.
As part of their 50-year anniversary celebrations Kane will this year deviated from its traditional blue and yellow livery. 

One of their popular M625 silage trailers or more commonly known as the ‘Halfpipe’ trailer will be finished with a metallic blue body and rich gold for the silage extensions.  Our relationship with Kane started in 2012 with the release of models of their grain and silage Halfpipe trailers.  Like the real trailer these tandem axle trailers had sprung drawbars.  A triple-axle low-loader trailer, Classic silage trailer and last year a triple-axle bale trailer followed.  
We have also released the Halfpipe silage and low-loader trailer in our Big Farm range. 
Working with Kane we at Britains have made a special limited edition model of the anniversary silage trailer.  The model has special packing and will be available only direct from Kane or Toymaster shops. 

Do not forget this month also sees our new Massey Ferguson 6718S Tractor (43235), Slurry Tanker (Fieldside) Silver (43238), Charolais Cow Set (43240), Kuhn Baler (43233), and Land Rover Defender Horsebox and Horse Set (43239) go on sale.  The Massey Ferguson 6718 S would be the idea tractor to tow the Kane trailer.

You can find our full range HERE and follow more news on FACEBOOK, our NEWS section and you can now also see our great models on our INSTAGRAM page @Britainsfarmtoys.

2019 Releases

Available
43235 - Massey Ferguson 6718S Tractor
43219 - Kane Anniversary Half Pipe Silage Trailer
43238 - Slurry Tanker (Fieldside) Silver
43240 - Charolais Cow Set
43239 - Land Rover Defender Horsebox and Horse Set
43233 - Kuhn VB 3160 Round Baler

Autumn / Winter
43247 - Valtra New Colour Playset
43248 - John Deere 6130 Tractor
43177 - Fendt 828 Vario Tractor
43241 - JCB Loadall Telehandler
43231 - JCB TM420 Telescopic Wheeled-Loader
43221 - Vicon FastBale Round Baler
46801 - John Deere Gator

www.britainsfarmtoys.co.uk

TOMY Europe is the trading name of TOMY UK Co., Ltd. A limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office: Hembury House, Pynes Hill, Rydon Lane, Exeter EX2 5AZ
Registered number: GB 1634124

www.tomy.com
  Tweet 
Preferences  |  Unsubscribe

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/4/2019 at 1:24 PM, AndyB said:

After initial positivity about my local shops having them, I found out that it was less the case! It seems that northern Toymasters had them and none in the south.  Then the only way for southern shops to get them was from the wholesaler, who charged over £20 a lump.  Even then the main brand Toymasters couldn't get them and associated shops were at the back of the queue! Total Britains balls up in my humble.   I managed to get two at the retail price, so am lucky,. Whoever thought of restricted distribution needs their head examining! Whatever they did 2500 pieces would have sold no problem.

I have been on the Kane website and their shop is unavailable,  so who knows!

Plenty in sale in the local Toymaster near me for €30  Only thing was ..the bloody shop was shut today for the bank holiday. Otherwise ..I would have snapped one.. As Arnold says....I'll be back !!:D

20190422_183830.jpg

Archived