Stanhay seeder

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After months of struggling to find time to finish it today i can share with You good news. Done it.  My son told me last week dad we need onion seeder otherwise we late with seeding onions on our farm so i decided to find that time and finish it.( Don't judge colour of rims in JD because i did mistake reading some german forum and choose paint for JD plant machines.) Due to finished seeder we need some kind of cultivator to prepare soil so i have to abandon picker project and I'm gonna design cultivator maybe tomorrow.

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

Looks a very tidy job there, certainly an implement I've never seen before. I don't think the wheels are too far off colour wise, a bit of dust from a days planting and you'll never tell the difference!

Thank You 844john. To be honest that colour it doesn't matter some real JD's got silver or red and farmers don't care ;) but possibly view of my face was priceless when i discover its more orange than yellow ;) About real STANHAY it' UK made. i remember from late 90 had an catalogue( from POLAGARA polish exhibition) of MF like 390 pulling seeder like that. 

7b1600f783d844426a2de88807e6fc2a.jpg

71e21657b61b6aa0a024c33a28d9932e.jpg

d93f32aba96d9bef24f61c1efebf8162.jpg

stanhay_robin2.jpg

Some more photos of my seeder. 844john dont wan't to disappoint You but my painting job its not the best and some elements are not too straight but i don't care. Anthony is happy from it and next seeder will be better. ;)

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

1 hour ago, dr-abich said:

Thank You 844john. To be honest that colour it doesn't matter some real JD's got silver or red and farmers don't care ;) but possibly view of my face was priceless when i discover its more orange than yellow ;) About real STANHAY it' UK made. i remember from late 90 had an catalogue( from POLAGARA polish exhibition) of MF like 390 pulling seeder like that. 

7b1600f783d844426a2de88807e6fc2a.jpg

71e21657b61b6aa0a024c33a28d9932e.jpg

d93f32aba96d9bef24f61c1efebf8162.jpg

stanhay_robin2.jpg

Eek!!  These pictures bring back some bad memories for me as I used to work for stanhay as a lad.  I started working there in 1983 as I lived in the village (Exning) where the factory was. I began life as a storeman and then when I fell out with the egotistical departmental manager I got sent into the paint spray booth as punishment!!  Absolutely hated the place as I recall, typical factory atmosphere where everyone thinks they know your business.  The works manager was the worst,  I think he must have read a tutorial on how to be a total tyrant.  He had a snobby condescending attitude to the men. And because his name was the quite common David Smith He had also taken his wifes surname (Ambrose) to give him a posh sounding double barrel name.  Needless to say the men changed that and he became known as David ar*ehole smith:D...………...a moniker that he more than lived upto.

As for the drills, they were quite smart looking in orange livery, mind you they were a barsteward to paint with the electro magnetic gun and I frequently got covered in overspray...…………..manys the time I went home looking like Donald Trump:lol:

hahaha bluegreen that's the nice piece of history even if its not nice for You. Did You kick that arsehole after all?? Its like that in life people with peasant attitude and knowledge try to be smarter than they are the worse thing is even if i asking awkward questions to make fool from them they don't mind.

As I remember the gentleman in question enrolled in a judo class so that if someone decided they were going to physically attack him he would be able to defend himself...…….sadly no one ever did punch him on the nose...……………...mind you an articulated lorry accidentally ripped the rear bumper from his newish car:)...………..that lifted the mens moral for a full week:D

Archived