New 1/32 Universal Hobbies in 2019

Theike

We already have a blue and white and a yellow one. Mind me saying, at UH they will certainly make a Gold/Jubilee one and a red and white version. Perhaps a logging version, but for this conversion it will take a bit more than a lick of paint ...

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think ill pass on that one, still waiting for the fords!!. If Uh want to fiddle around with the 1174 then how about a new cab then you have a 1164, then a new bonnet and hey presto you have a 1184.. Also i do want a DB and a case version of the 90 series but cannot make up my mind about 2wd, 4wd versions or one of each!!.

It isn't for me either but at least the colour scheme was actually done for real. Can see the appeal to collectors of a full set of them. 

2 hours ago, F8N said:

I don't like this colour either.. Don't think this onw will be coming my way.. They should do a yellow 1884.

I think a forestry version would be nice in standard colours. 

Was there ever a yellow 1184? In model form there was 3 different coloured ones done for model farmer a couple of years back in blue, yellow and white/black. A forestry 1174 would be a cracker. 

14 hours ago, Steve P said:

Think ill pass on that one, still waiting for the fords!!. If Uh want to fiddle around with the 1174 then how about a new cab then you have a 1164, then a new bonnet and hey presto you have a 1184.. Also i do want a DB and a case version of the 90 series but cannot make up my mind about 2wd, 4wd versions or one of each!!.

I am a bit like that , so i bought the 2 wd versions . I don't recall seeing  many 4wd 90 series  db’s until the the red ones appeared and not many even then , and that was with a db dealer right behind my other nan’s house in romsey, was always 2wd’s sat there with a very occasional 4wd , had every brochure going at one point 

Thats my thoughts too, i remember my local agricultural college at Home Lacy farm had a fleet of DB and Case 90 series back in the 80s, went there quite often then on school trips/projects. I am pretty sure they was all 2wd machines. Back then i couldn't figure out why some was David Browns and others where Case machines even though they was identical :D

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any difference other than the outboard headlights? I see it still has the wrong mirror arms and can I see rear wheel weights? It does look a good colour match to the photo on the lid which looks a nice presentation box. 

Archived