New 1/32 Universal Hobbies in 2019

Theike

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just delivered by one of my colleagues a short time ago,CAUTION,when you receive your's make sure you undo,the FRONT screws first,I rounded the head on the single front screw as the exhaust prevents your getting a firm grip to loosen that screw and the other two on the plastic plinth,the top link is threaded,so very adjustable,.

Regards

Joe

County 1174 1.jpg

County 1174 2.jpg

County 1174 3.jpg

1 minute ago, catkom3 said:

No problem John,why they need six torqued up screws beat's me,ha ha!.

Regards

Joe.

They must think it needs more holding down, what with it being a County!:D 

2 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Just delivered by one of my colleagues a short time ago,CAUTION,when you receive your's make sure you undo,the FRONT screws first,I rounded the head on the single front screw as the exhaust prevents your getting a firm grip to loosen that screw and the other two on the plastic plinth,the top link is threaded,so very adjustable,.

Regards

Joe

County 1174 1.jpg

County 1174 2.jpg

County 1174 3.jpg

Great photos joe  I see you have a plough waiting for it in the background. ;)

Yes,I did offer it up,but way to big,the U H linkage appears to be quite narrow,compared to other similar linkages,I have a Scaledown conventional three furrow somewhere,?? which might look better,but I have a serious shortage of any three point linkage implement's,.

Regards

Joe.

55 minutes ago, mb86 said:

How do britains style hitches fit joe? That could be why it's so narrow maybe?

Pretty sure I don't have any Martin,but it does hook up to the U H Greoire Besson precilitor no bother,I'll try for some photo's tomorrow after work,.

https://www.farmmodeldatabase.com/en/view-details/002213/universal-hobbies-1-32-gr�goire-besson-precilitor.html

Regards

Joe.

16 minutes ago, SPN said:

Thanks for posting the pics guys.

I hope to get one over the weekend.

How does it compare to a Britains 6600 or similiar?

It's a nice model, but then I've always had a soft spot for the 1174, I remember as a boy the farm where my father was a shepherd always ran predominantly blues and I can still recall the arrival of a new 1174, along with two TW20's which I also still have a have a fondness for. The detail is far superior to the Britains.....I just wish UH took more care with their measurements, as others have said, the rear wheels are just slightly too far forward, it's only a few mm but it is noticeable when you compare it to the real deal. I know some people will say that it's just nit-picking, but when I build a model I want it to be accurate dimension wise otherwise to me it never truly resembles the real thing, and if i can achieve it with a tape measure, a ruler, some graph paper and a calculator then really there is no excuse for the major players. However, it is nice to see a representation of an 1174 and the pluses of the model far outweigh the few negative points in my opinion, let's hope there are more to follow!

34 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

think mines at the sorting office, wife decided to go swimming and stuff instead of wait in :D:D

To me that would be a plus Sean, mine doesn't even know it's here!;)

Just to confirm my understanding, what implements from the UH / Repliagri etc stables will fit on these new new style hitches for the County and impending DB ? With regards to fitting I mean fully connecting to allow raising up, negating those implements which never seem to fit any linkage no matter how much you try! 

Archived