Another flatbed - but an easy one!!!

A tickle with the Dremmel and hey presto - a four wheel flatbed. My first conversion done. Gonna cut the wheel flaps off, put a head board/ladder on and give it some paint at a later date yet though.

:) :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good use for that old trailer there Tris, will look good with a ladder up the front. I may have to try that if my Dremmel ever recovers from cutting the shock absorber nuts through on my Land Rover  ::):D

You tight git, no wonder it is ill if you used it for that!!!

Simple way of getting an older type and size flatbed dolly.

I'm not tight, the nuts were and i couldn't get an angle grinder in to cut them  ;D:D

Thats what I thought Sparrow/TBF. I have never seen a lowside four wheeler on a farm to this day so I though sod it, off with the sides. It does fit in with the older smaller Britains much better. When the 6180 is off baling the 7840 maywell be dragging her about Sparrow.  ;)

Paint stripped off the bed for painting in a wooden colour and the beginning of the headboard. To do this I have ground off the lip left from cutting the original board off and cut a notch in either end. Glued a piece of Plastruct angle along the front of the bed to give somewhere for the two verticle pieces of angle to glue to, these pieces will slot into the notches I have cut out.

are you going to make the ladders removable tris?

Yeah probably only, only making one for the front that detaches from the headboard if required hopefully. Just got the end verticles gluing in place now.

Yeah cheers Ol and JDC. I know the AS and Dicky Western trailers are popular these days but you can't forget the good old days when these trailers were the norm. Hope to do one or two more variants when I get another couple of these trailers. Damn - forgot to go back for  the one in a box for ?1.50 today!!  >:(

Yeah probably only, only making one for the front that detaches from the headboard if required hopefully. Just got the end verticles gluing in place now.

Yeah cheers Ol and JDC. I know the AS and Dicky Western trailers are popular these days but you can't forget the good old days when these trailers were the norm. Hope to do one or two more variants when I get another couple of these trailers. Damn - forgot to go back for  the one in a box for ?1.50 today!!  >:(

did you not get the trailer and forklift then tris, you picked them up. ??? ???

Cheers Mattias, nearly bought a Scaledown today but I am going to wait till I got more space in the spare room!!

Yeah I forgot to go back and get them both OF, slipped my mind. .. .  ?3 for the pair aswell!!!  :'(

Cunning plan!

P.s your model glue was a rip off

:D :D :D :D :D :D Antics in Bristol for ya IHP!!!

I wonder what those joal trellis are for.....  :-\

Got one axle done, it's a trial on my Britains AS grain trailer. If they look ok then I will do my three silage trailers with them. Trouble is, glueing metal wheels to metal axles is a bit fiddely and a pair of Trelle's is ?6 from farmmodels - thats another ?36 just to rubber up the silage trailers!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D Antics in Bristol for ya IHP!!!

Got one axle done, it's a trial on my Britains AS grain trailer. If they look ok then I will do my three silage trailers with them. Trouble is, glueing metal wheels to metal axles is a bit fiddely and a pair of Trelle's is ?6 from farmmodels - thats another ?36 just to rubber up the silage trailers!!!

it would be alot more with a real one :D

• 1 month later...

What do you think guys, she is nearly finished but I could do with a few opinions about the bed - the paint has taken to it really well but should I sand it gently to get an old look about it?