What's your latest General Buy 2019

9 hours ago, Awdmac said:

Went into Lidl for milk and came out with these. Vice only £7.99. IMG_0648.thumb.JPG.d9946a91775584ce4e6e9d98baff94ff.JPG

The wife got me one of those vices from Lidl a few years ago now, have to say I've found it very useful.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very happy with it John, gone straight to work holding the 1490/1394 bonnet for headlight surgery with the Dremel. Been putting it off for awhile, turned out to be a fiddle but at least I've got a stable hold on it now. The screwdrivers have a lot better handles than what I've been using.20190620_062826.thumb.jpg.f593535caef776154cf6aea23395a50a.jpg

Had me a battery strimmer, not the cheapest but so quick & easy to use. Can have job done in the time it took faffing with the old 2 stroke. Good life out of the 5.0 ah battery, though you can go bigger. 20190621_190015.thumb.jpg.cde54c19b9ec55c10ab088cc56174c56.jpg

nice gas powered weed burner, got fed up with putting the spray stuff down, and they come back a few weeks later ,and after someone at work recommended a electric heat gun  version, i decided i didn't want a lead trailing round, so went gas, just tried it out the back and it gets rid of them pretty dam quick, acid test will be how quickly do they come back i guess, but the guy at work swears by his leccy one 

• 3 months later...

Bought this NH 717 super recently, it had been parked inside and not used for around 30 years but has spent a couple of years outside latterly which has spoilt the paint a bit with surface rust taking hold. It's seen very little use prior to that. My cows had to come inside at the end of september due to the wet weather so I bought this to zero graze what they would usually be chomping through in the conventional way. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

looking good behind the tdub martin. it is good to see old foragers from back in the day a lot will have been scrapped now. looks like you,ve got a supervisor in the cab on the first picture making sure your doing it right:D

• 4 weeks later...

Very smart Alastair, gives a good ride I expect. Plus there's always the towing capacity! I was going to get the missus a new hat & gloves for carting the muck trailer, bit breezy with no cab, better up my game.:mellow:

On 11/16/2019 at 8:36 PM, Awdmac said:

Very smart Alastair, gives a good ride I expect. Plus there's always the towing capacity! I was going to get the missus a new hat & gloves for carting the muck trailer, bit breezy with no cab, better up my game.:mellow:

Ha ha yes haven’t picked up yet but certainly drove very nicely compared to the old disco, but a bit of a different beast! Got to hide it now for a month! 

23 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

That is smart, is it the 5.0 supercharged one? Liking the colour as well :) 

No Ted, wanted something useable that didn’t feel sick about fuel economy, it’s a diseasel, I know it won’t be economical but hopefully not to dissimilar to the td5 and I’ll be happy.

Real stinger is road tax, I’m afraid Land Rover vehicles were way off the likes of bmw, Merc and Audi, in terms of emissions around this vintage, not sure if they’ve improved now, but I would imagine they would have too. 

23 hours ago, alf aphid said:

No Ted, wanted something useable that didn’t feel sick about fuel economy, it’s a diseasel, I know it won’t be economical but hopefully not to dissimilar to the td5 and I’ll be happy.

Real stinger is road tax, I’m afraid Land Rover vehicles were way off the likes of bmw, Merc and Audi, in terms of emissions around this vintage, not sure if they’ve improved now, but I would imagine they would have too. 

They run a BMW 3L diesel so tought..so you would think the emissions should be down.

26 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

They run a BMW 3L diesel so tought..so you would think the emissions should be down.

The old ones used to run the bmw 3 litre Diesel from the 530, 330 etc but Land Rover did away with that years ago and replaced with their own v8 diesel which is in the one I bought which doesn’t score very well on emissions!

9 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

The old ones used to run the bmw 3 litre Diesel from the 530, 330 etc but Land Rover did away with that years ago and replaced with their own v8 diesel which is in the one I bought which doesn’t score very well on emissions!

Your probably better off with the one you have so. Friend of mine has the model with the 3L Bmw unit & it's sluggish.. Takes for ever to get up and go..

6 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Your probably better off with the one you have so. Friend of mine has the model with the 3L Bmw unit & it's sluggish.. Takes for ever to get up and go..

Yes I’ve heard that. I think it was a bit downrated from the car version and attached to different gear box plus of course heavier. As the  old E39 530d was a  flyer 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

Ordered up 4 4x2 foot base board kits from White Rose Modelworks for my O gauge railway that will also feature some farm related items when built and finished in 10-15 years time :D

Don't get rushing the job Brian:)

On 23 October 2019 at 8:59 PM, jmd said:

looking good behind the tdub martin. it is good to see old foragers from back in the day a lot will have been scrapped now. looks like you,ve got a supervisor in the cab on the first picture making sure your doing it right:D

Sorry john I've only just seen this. Yes he was keeping me right, I think he knows more about the job than I do. 

Archived