Marge Models releases 2019

robbo

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/19/2019 at 9:18 PM, SPN said:

The PF trucks all come in white and are wrapped in cobalt blue. I wonder if the signwriter can scale their output down by a factor of 32?

I know that wraps are done in 1:14 for the RC stuff, and a long time ago Rob Neesham had a guy sorting out the pattern so that it'd be possible to wrap the Siku Scania, but I never heard if it was successfully done.

I have done builds in the past where I've just used a waterslide decal as a wrap, with slits cut in the correct places, it can be effective, but it's very difficult.

The move with supplying the different roofs is odd, presumably its just three different castings that bolt onto the main cab frame, but it still seems strange for such a small market, especially to release them all at once.

It has been written in a magazine, I'm not sure which, that Marge plan to release 8 trucks, but it doesn't specify if that is 8 different brands, or 8 iterations. If iterations that'd be the Volvo 6x2 and 4x2, then the Merc 6x2 and 4x2 in the three different cabs to bring you to 8. If however it's 8 different manufacturers then its exciting and expensive times ahead for 1:32 trucking

There's been a few mentions across the web about Marge not doing a bulker trailer too and honestly I doubt they will, or at least not the Fruehauf/Wilcox bathtub and smooth sided styles you see in the UK. Simply because of the same reason you don't see UK farm machinery, Marge is a European company, and bulkers aren't as common in Europe, tipper trailers are generally half pipe designs, and walking floors and tankers are more commonly used for a wider variety of materials than they are here. I imagine a tipping trailer will come, and provide a great base for conversion, but it won't look anything like what you'd see day in day out on the M6.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking expensive model kit,I'm also thinking you want an exact replica of your favourite Volvo 04,here's the easy option, €84.95,there will also be a 6x2 version, Wonder if they'll do this with the Merc's,??

Regards

Joe.

Marge Volvo kit .jpg

Marge Volvo kit 1.jpg

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

wonder if its got a rhd dash in it? i quite like that idea, certainly make custom paint jobs easier to do 

Might be worth messageing them Sean,I can see Mr Hardy being kept busy this year,ha ha!.

Regards

Joe.

could be,  not sure how easy just converting the current one would be, most dashboards now seem to be modular, they just saw the dash unit with the passanger airbag unit, not much esle alters .not really had a chance to look properly at the volvo yet to see

On 3/16/2019 at 7:27 PM, Tractorman810 said:

could be,  not sure how easy just converting the current one would be, most dashboards now seem to be modular, they just saw the dash unit with the passanger airbag unit, not much esle alters .not really had a chance to look properly at the volvo yet to see

For cars yes, but trucks have a sweep round dash, which means a simple cut and shut won't work. I'll be making mine rhd when I find time and will more than likely cast the new dash

cheers james, not been in any new trucks of late, the new one at work(cheap 68 plate iveco  thing) has a modular looking flat dash  unit its also back at iveco uk as the softwares gone nuts and nothing will work bar the ignition 

8 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

cheers james, not been in any new trucks of late, the new one at work(cheap 68 plate iveco  thing) has a modular looking flat dash  unit its also back at iveco uk as the softwares gone nuts and nothing will work bar the ignition 

Wee bit different to an Iveco Sean,ha ha!.

Regards

Joe.

Volvo FH 16 04 Cab.jpg

just a bit :D looking at it ,its just dash and peddles? maybe wipers the other way round,. as much as we wish they will, i doubt that the could make it cost effective for a small market like ours, needs a james to work his magic 

• 3 weeks later...

New pictures up today on Facebook of the up coming Sprinter vans,they are going to have detachable tow hook,nice touch,the screw drive like thing is a pick,for opening the doors.

Regards

Joe.

MarGe Sprinter.jpg

2 hours ago, catkom3 said:

New pictures up today on Facebook of the up coming Sprinter vans,they are going to have detachable tow hook,nice touch,the screw drive like thing is a pick,for opening the doors.

Regards

Joe.

MarGe Sprinter.jpg

Should have some examples of these for a video Tuesday joe 

On 3/16/2019 at 6:33 PM, Tractorman810 said:

wonder if its got a rhd dash in it? i quite like that idea, certainly make custom paint jobs easier to do 

Something like this?

20190414_163130.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, hoekwi said:

Volvo FH from MarGe Models changed to Right Hand Side..

20190425_214745.jpg

That 3 d printed ? Hopefully a proper marge part as well with luck , even if it only comes in the new kit form it would make me buy the kit then 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived