Britains Ford Iveco livestock lorry conversion

35 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

amazing how much of a difference painting the wheels black has made, never understood why they werent silver at least from new ,red and yellow was just strange 

Yes, it's really changed it, they look better now as they have a bit more of a satin finish. Wasn't sure wether to go black or silver but I decided there was too much silver :) it was an unusual decision once again from Britains :huh:

On 1/14/2019 at 10:09 PM, Tractorman810 said:

amazing how much of a difference painting the wheels black has made, never understood why they werent silver at least from new ,red and yellow was just strange 

Never even occurred to me for 30 odd years, but yes you are right, it was odd! Going to annoy me now ;)

looking good Ted, personally I think it looks good as is, there are plenty of smaller cattle wagons around here that started life doing something else and you can still see the ghosts of the original livery, looks quite authentic to me.

1 hour ago, 844john said:

looking good Ted, personally I think it looks good as is, there are plenty of smaller cattle wagons around here that started life doing something else and you can still see the ghosts of the original livery, looks quite authentic to me.

Cheers John :) Yes mabey I will just leave it as it is, I think it is mostly done, don't want to over do it

Like it Ted especially the 1980 DL plate, a good year on the island ;) hopefully I’m looking slightly less battered than your truck! 

You talking of cattle trucks reminded me of the blue J Shirlaw cattle trucks, I guess they’ve packed up now. You might be too young to remember!!

18 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Like it Ted especially the 1980 DL plate, a good year on the island ;) hopefully I’m looking slightly less battered than your truck! 

You talking of cattle trucks reminded me of the blue J Shirlaw cattle trucks, I guess they’ve packed up now. You might be too young to remember!!

Thanks Alastair, hahaha :D  don't remember j shirlaw, before my time!! Must have gone now

Archived