Zetor 7211

Another old girl from my youth, this one came new when I was about 18 and I was the first to drive her, looking back there was a lot about her that was a bit ropey, but what an engine! Anyway, a start on the engine/gearbox and cab.:)

WP_20190116_16_51_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20190116_16_51_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20190116_16_51_08_Pro.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW. I'm really after that ;). On my fathers farm in Poland i used to drive 7211. Now Hes got 7745. Was a time when we had both together.Personally I prefer 77 series ;).  What are you using to build that? is that aHIPS?Have You got any scale drawings?have a plan for a future to build 77 series. 

3 minutes ago, dr-abich said:

WOW. I'm really after that ;). On my fathers farm in Poland i used to drive 7211. Now Hes got 7745. Was a time when we had both together.Personally I prefer 77 series ;).  What are you using to build that? HIPS?Have You got any scale drawings?have a plan for a future to build 77 series. 

Thanks, the build is just out of sheets of styrene of varying thicknesses. The dimensions for the drawings that I'm using have been taken from various brochures that I have as the real tractor has long since gone so unfortunately I haven't got any measurements from the real deal

We’ve had similar up bringings I think , last tractor dad bought was a second hand 6011. Not the fancy tractor but it’s massive cab n spare seat were  canny , I went to work for a bloke at 18 who ran a couple of 4wd zetors , 7045 and a 7245  one had a loader n was very unstable on ground that wasn’t flat . They were supplied by Brian otterburn from Helmsley 

8 hours ago, dm434 said:

We’ve had similar up bringings I think , last tractor dad bought was a second hand 6011. Not the fancy tractor but it’s massive cab n spare seat were  canny , I went to work for a bloke at 18 who ran a couple of 4wd zetors , 7045 and a 7245  one had a loader n was very unstable on ground that wasn’t flat . They were supplied by Brian otterburn from Helmsley 

You're right David, looking back there was nothing fancy about the Zetor. At the time the farm was running three Internationals and a Ford 4610, which I think was traded in for the Zetor. Spec - wise the Zetor would have been a step backwards, but I remember the Ford suffered from the dreaded porous block and never seemed to be the same tractor afterwards. The Zetor had a huge cab and an engine that would just pull and pull, but oh the constant problems with seals on the brakes, clutch, hydraulics......nothing major just constant niggles. She didn't last that long and was replaced by a Case IH 956, now that was a proper tractor!;)

It's funny you should mention Brian Otterburn, I remember my Dad upsetting him years ago! He had a stand at Eggleston show and we had stopped to talk to a friend who was looking at the tractors on his stand. Anyway, Dad started to tell him how you don't want one of those when Brian appeared looking quite flustered saying what's wrong with them? So Dad started to recount all the woes that the 72 suffered from in the time that it was at the farm......after about five minutes Brian just turned around and walked away leaving father still moaning. Funny thing was, we never got offered a cup of tea all the time we were on his stand!:lol:

haha , our 6011 clocked some hours up and also had a major engine rebuild , looking back it prob should never have been bought , it only came because we had a fire on the farm , a barn went up in flames with our tractor in side it , rickerby supplied the zetor as a hire tractor for a few weeks till the insurance was settled but offered it at a buy it know reduced price . at the end of the day , it did what was asked but id of rather of had that 956 you had 

7 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Oh my you’ve started again!!!

Well, you know how it is Alastair, I've not so much as picked up a model the past few weeks and looking at my bench I've got several tractors, two trailers, another JCB, a truck and a couple of balers sat in various stages of progress, so i thought that the best way to clear my bench........was to start another build!:D

I used to have a zetor 6718 on the farm back in the 1980s did all the odd jobs with it remember it was slow on the road but you could get a decent size lunch bag in the cab and still have plenty of room , the cab was bigger than my garden shed

16 hours ago, 844john said:

Well, you know how it is Alastair, I've not so much as picked up a model the past few weeks and looking at my bench I've got several tractors, two trailers, another JCB, a truck and a couple of balers sat in various stages of progress, so i thought that the best way to clear my bench........was to start another build!:D

Yes, know the feeling, your idea of unfinished is slightly more finished than mine though! ;)

Hope you don't mind John but this is a picture taken from a picture of the Zetor 6718 I used to own ,at the time this picture was taken I did not own it myself and Martyn Reeve was up at cheffins auction and I saw it in the distance and I said that was my old tractor so we got closer and it was I had sold it about 10 years earlier to someone to have on a topping mower . It still had the tax disc from my local P/O in the window it had been sold in the previous auction and was awaiting collection ,it had a broken window and a flat rear tire . 

20190123_212216.jpg

It's nice when you come across your old tractors Smithy, despite her age she still looks fairly tidy apart from the broken window! The one I'm doing is a little bit newer than yours, similar to this one...

untitled.png

That one i weird because  got plastic ends of mudguards which is feature from 1994 and cab i from early 1980 (7011 version) because rear window is "small" and weighs on rear wheels are old shape. Build is going forward ;) Awesome

• 3 weeks later...

Archived