Zetor 7211

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm liking this thread, glad to see something a bit different

we had a ford and Zetor at home

the first new tractor was an S plate 6718 and was the height of luxury!! compared to the old 4000 (heater and walk through cab!)

i rode many a mile sat on the wide internal mudguards

over the years the 6718  was replaced with a newer model ?? which was replaced with one similar to this which made way finally for the first and only 4WD Zetor in the early 90's,  just sorry i can't remember the numbers

the 4000, made way for a new 4600, then a 5610 and finally a series II 6610

Perhaps I am missing something here where I live. I have built model cars, ships and airplanes since around 1957 and I have never seen or heard of model tractor kits. Maybe they sell them but it could be that I have not looked in the right places. I have visited many hobby shops through the years. And to tell the truth, I have never looked on line. All the tractors that I have ever seen are either already assembled plastic or diecast in different scales. The latter being the most available. There is a tractor and auto and truck tire dealer a few miles from me who sells just about every make of diecast model tractors on the market, SpecCast, Ertl etc. His store has shelf after shelf of model diecast tractors, John Deere, Ford, Oliver, Allis Chalmers, Farmall etc. I have purchased a few from him as he specializes in Olver tractors, (the real ones) and he competes with them at tractor pulls at local tractor shows and county fairs. Of course, the local John Deere dealership sells the diecast models also. 

I am impressed, to say the least, with what I have seen here with the various models and how nice they turn out when completed. As far as putting model kits together, I do very few if any now. I just don’t have the patience or steadiness to build them anymore. 

I think it's pretty similar over here Dan, tractor model kits are also very few and far between, hence why many of us choose to build our own models from scratch, also it allows you to make what you want rather than what's available to buy.

Heller do a small few tractor kits. They are probably the only mainstream model kit brand doing them ..mostly vintage MFs.. also Nigel Ford's ScaleDown kits are probably the best out there. Autodrome are another good kit. You can get them ..but they are rare .

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Looking good John :) neat work

Thanks Ted!

9 hours ago, alf aphid said:

2 x b47!!??

Two?.....must be a reflection in the window Alastair......;)

9 hours ago, dm434 said:

ah memories, not much more to do eh , steps , fuel tank , dash n lights and she is ready to roll 

I was thinking that David, but the more i look the more i see to do,..steering linkage and ram, cab interior, two seats......:huh:

8 hours ago, dr-abich said:

woooooha ;)   AWESOME.   How did You build rear wheels?? is it a resin??

Thanks Dominik, I couldn't find any wheels suitable, so in the end i used some that i had cast, cut the centres out and made up some new rims to match the Zetor ones.

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Another beauty in the making John :) looking good 

Thank you Paul, its nice to do something a bit different:)

17 minutes ago, 844john said:

Two?.....must be a reflection in the window Alastair......;)

Ha ha, are you going into full scale production? I don’t know when you sleep!

let me know if it needs rehoming, seems silly having two!! :D

3 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Ha ha, are you going into full scale production? I don’t know when you sleep!

let me know if it needs rehoming, seems silly having two!! :D

It'll all come to a stop in about a week's time Alastair, so had to get my finger out while I could! Sorry, she already has a home to go to;)

• 1 month later...

A bit more done on the old girl (you're video has inspired me Dominik!) Fuel tank fitted and a start on the cab interior - dashboard, pedals, gear levers, drivers and passenger seats, and most importantly......toolbox!!;)

WP_20190427_16_47_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20190427_16_44_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20190427_16_45_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20190427_16_45_22_Pro.jpg

8 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Looks exellent John , you'll need a toolbox as it's a zetor :) 

Thanks Ted, the one she's based on certainly saw its fair share of spanners in the time it was on the farm, no engine problems, just lots and lots of little niggles:(

8 hours ago, dr-abich said:

WOOOOHA. Awesome You touched it. Ferret our Zetor's never need tools from tool box always came back to shed without towing.

Thanks Dominik, as I said, I thought I'd better crack on after seeing the one in your video!

6 hours ago, alf aphid said:

The bees knees once again john, dimensions really well captured. I wonder if uh will make this one, given their Zetor flurry?

Cheers Alastair, I would think that the basic moulds could be tweaked to do numerous models and ages of zetor, and uh certainly seem to like to get their moneys worth out of their moulds! These models were always popular on stock farms, especially in the hills, but i would imagine much less so with the arable lads, so maybe the potential market in this country would be quite small..then again I'm sure plenty were sold back in their native country!

Archived