Rakes: Ireland: 2006

SPN

Pictures of Silage Rakes in Ireland in 2006.

John Murphy, Portlaw, Waterford, Ireland: Pictured from the N25 - across the road from Mulhearne's yard (ouch!).

06 JQ6920S and 05 Case MXM120 with Claas rakes. 29/5/06.

Powerstar:

He had a TS115 and CS110 drawing, and he may still have a 6520 (his only loader tractor). When I saw them in action last year he had a 6920S and the 6520 doing the raking.

Nashmach:

He kept an old-style 924 reverse drive for the mowing, and replaced this in 2003 with a new-style 926 reverse drive. He also has an 818, bought late in 2004 (prolly to wind up the JQ dealer as he bought a dose of 6820s and 6920S's since then).

Here's a rake I spotted on my way home this evening. I don't know whose it is because there is a different contractor on this farm every year.

Nashmach:

He kept an old-style 924 reverse drive for the mowing, and replaced this in 2003 with a new-style 926 reverse drive. He also has an 818, bought late in 2004 (prolly to wind up the JQ dealer as he bought a dose of 6820s and 6920S's since then).

Here's a rake I spotted on my way home this evening. I don't know whose it is because there is a different contractor on this farm every year.

I head he had gone away from Fendts alright - thought he went on a spending spree of New Hollands for a while but obviously he is back with JQ's again.

The fella with a different contractor every year reminds me of a man near us - he fooled every contractor within a 15 mile radius over the number of acres he got cut every year and now the only way he gets his silage cut is a contractor that's 25 miles away and related to him has to come down to do it. Will always remember when I was young one of the contractors had all Internationals drawing including a 1055 with a 1255 engine what a beast and a another contractor had a fleet of Zetor Crystals - you would always know when he was around - trails of oil along the road and usually one tractor broken down some where on the road.  :D :D

6470's are alot more popular as better power to weight ratio etc thats my thinking and the fact has 4cyl engine which means better for livestock applications

i just looked at the pic file name ::)