Muir Hill 121

• 4 weeks later...

You do beautiful work. I have built a lot of ships and planes, but never a tractor. All mine are diecast and I don’t ever recall seeing one in a hobby shop in this area, anyway. Perhaps I haven’t looked at the right places. I suppose they are on-line if I look. But so many people on this forum have truly impressed me with their modeling skills. Beautiful tractors. 

• Thanks 1

you have certainly sorted this casting lark john, you know the next step in casting the tyres in rubber dont you, i have tried it and its actuakly pretty simple, but i struggled with getting the mould right .suspect you wont have any problem doing it mind

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

you have certainly sorted this casting lark john, you know the next step in casting the tyres in rubber dont you, i have tried it and its actuakly pretty simple, but i struggled with getting the mould right .suspect you wont have any problem doing it mind

Cheers Sean, still getting a few air bubbles, but they are on the back of the tyres, so once they're filled they're not really noticeable. Yes, rubber tyres are next on my list, must be easier than painting tyres on rims!

16 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Nicely done John, with a skill like casting under your belt nothing will hold you back, full tractor next?

Cheers James, little by little I'm finally getting the hang of it, I've had plenty of mistakes, but hopefully I've learned from them. Yes, I'm working on casting tractor parts now to build my collection, much quicker than scratch building every one!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dr-abich said:

Really nice job. I'm still waiting for a ZETOR with longing ;)   .

Thanks Dominik, I haven't had a lot of time for models lately, and what spare time I have had has been mainly spent on a couple of projects that needed finishing. However, hopefully an update on the Zetor may be soon;)