Muir Hill 121

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, dm434 said:

John , yr one hell of a talented bloke , I’m fair envious of what you do , honestly , you run a farm , lamb ewes n still pull this out the bag . Well done lad 

Cheers David, I haven't seen my bed for nearly three weeks now, just grabbing a few hours a night on the couch in-between checking the lambing shed, but it's been a good use of time just doing a bit in my workshop through the night in-between lambing, - you get sick of putting your waterproofs and wellies on and off if you're in and out of the house so I've found it better just to stay out!;)

That’s very true on both accounts , remember as a bairn, moving yowes n lambs to more sheltered spots , even putting bales trailers out with bales around em for lambs to shelter behind , glad those days are long gone to be honest 

27 minutes ago, 844john said:

I think I've developed a love-hate relationship with ours this year.....I love to hate them....!:D No matter what Adam Henson may try to tell us, there's nothing going on between a sheep's lugs!!!!:o:lol:

Adam Hanson makes everything all so rosey , yr right though , sheep are pretty thick , have you read a book called   Funny way to make a living by Henry brewis , it’s all cartoon sketches but bloody hell he is 100% spot on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alf aphid said:

Looking Brilliant and to me dimensionally perfectly.

sheep!! What a nightmare :-) 

Thanks Alastair....how true about those wooly  things!

1 hour ago, Dusty Dan said:

One Beautiful job! 

Thanks Corky!

1 hour ago, Ferret90 said:

Stunning work John!! :)

Cheers Ted!

1 hour ago, dm434 said:

Adam Hanson makes everything all so rosey , yr right though , sheep are pretty thick , have you read a book called   Funny way to make a living by Henry brewis , it’s all cartoon sketches but bloody hell he is 100% spot on 

I have most of Henry's books David, like you say, 100% spot on, they never fail to make me chuckle....I especially like the cartoon where Sep is stood at the back door with a broken bottle saying "there's one less pet lamb to feed tonight!":D It certainly rings true as I'm doing the last feeds as i type this!;)

23 minutes ago, dr-abich said:

wow. That's awesome that's ..i'm speechless typing on my keyboard ;)

Air filter winning

Thank you Dominik, they say farmers are the masters of improvisation!:D

• Like 2

Looking good John, as others have said... and i've said before your becoming a bit of a dab hand at this scratch building ;) i'm sure there is one or two on here that will testify that you are to plasticard as what my mum is to flour and a cake tin :)  If your 3 weeks in and getting into a routine god knows what treats you'll be baking up on the cutting mat once you get back to your "more usual" working hours..... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looking good John, as others have said... and i've said before your becoming a bit of a dab hand at this scratch building ;) i'm sure there is one or two on here that will testify that you are to plasticard as what my mum is to flour and a cake tin :)  If your 3 weeks in and getting into a routine god knows what treats you'll be baking up on the cutting mat once you get back to your "more usual" working hours..... 

Thanks Paul, first night back in bed last night, only for a few hours mind, back out at quarter to four this morning, but we're nearing the end now, and it was lovely! Just enjoying a brew waiting for a couple to get on lambing, listening to the blackbird singing his head off in the garden .....I like my bed, but you can't beat getting up on a morning, to me it's the best part of the day!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, first night back in bed last night, only for a few hours mind, back out at quarter to four this morning, but we're nearing the end now, and it was lovely! Just enjoying a brew waiting for a couple to get on lambing, listening to the blackbird singing his head off in the garden .....I like my bed, but you can't beat getting up on a morning, to me it's the best part of the day!

No bother ... just true words :) Definatley John, i can't get my head round those folk who just stay in bed of a morning.... half the day has gone by the time they get up hahaha... at the right time of the day on a morning such as this, if your lucky you can hear one of Cottrells Erf's coming down into town off the A59 just giving it a bit on the exhaust brake.... then as it pulls up the climb over the river heading up to Withgill that 14 litre Cummins..... an Eminox stack gives that exhaust note a great sound :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

No bother ... just true words :) Definatley John, i can't get my head round those folk who just stay in bed of a morning.... half the day has gone by the time they get up hahaha... at the right time of the day on a morning such as this, if your lucky you can hear one of Cottrells Erf's coming down into town off the A59 just giving it a bit on the exhaust brake.... then as it pulls up the climb over the river heading up to Withgill that 14 litre Cummins..... an Eminox stack gives that exhaust note a great sound :wub:

Funnily enough Paul, I prefer the blackbird, curlew and peewit as my morning soundtrack, :D but there's a Foden tipper over our way with a 500hp Cat under the cab and also a couple of big V8 Scanias that you can often hear in the distance.....the sound of them on full chat makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up!

• Like 3