Muir Hill 121

11 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

Again John what a very high standard of work,looks stunning

Thank you Paul, I much prefer having the real thing to be able to measure and look at instead of having to work off photographs in magazines, but I don't think it's too far off dimensionally ( I hope!)

11 hours ago, JEP said:

These tractor builds are getting better and better!! If it wasn't on a vehicle bonnet, don't think l would realise it was a model, brilliant work John.

9 hours ago, jmd said:

stunning workmanship john

Thank you both!

6 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Can't wait to see it finished, looks exellent John :) 

Thanks Ted, lots of little jobs left such as pipework on the engine and steering rams, lights to glaze, door handle, wiper, steering wheel etc and of course the decals, but I enjoy that finishing part of a build:)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 844john said:

Cheers Alastair!.....is the reveal of the Matbro imminent ?;)

Haha I deserved that. Erm well it won’t be this week. I’ve got a bit distracted with a scaledown e27n the last week. It requires a little less head scratching! Must get back on now, at least have cleared a few of my part finished jobs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 844john said:

Thank you Corky, I'm guessing Muir Hills are a rare sight in America?

Yes, and never seen by me anyway, as is the case with most that I have seen here and evidently in Europe in general. But I really enjoy looking at them. What I see and have seen on the farms and tractor shows and county fairs in Pennsylvania are; John Deere, McCormick/Farmall , Ford, Oliver, Allis Chalmers, New Holland, Kubota,  Case/International Harvester and Massey Ferguson. I could have missed some. I have worked on the farm in my early teen years, was raised in the farm country of south eastern Pennsylvania and still live in farm country. I shall try, in the near future and now that the weather is nicer, to get out and about the countryside and take a few more photos to send over. Probably by early May. We have many Amish farms here and in adjoining countys and of course they only use work horses and mules to pull equipment. 

Edited by Dusty Dan
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Dusty Dan said:

Yes, and never seen by me anyway, as is the case with most that I have seen here and evidently in Europe in general. But I really enjoy looking at them. What I see and have seen on the farms and tractor shows and county fairs in Pennsylvania are; John Deere, McCormick/Farmall , Ford, Oliver, Allis Chalmers, New Holland, Kubota,  Case/International Harvester and Massey Ferguson. I could have missed some. I have worked on the farm in my early teen years, was raised in the farm country of south eastern Pennsylvania and still live in farm country. I shall try, in the near future and now that the weather is nicer, to get out and about the countryside and take a few more photos to send over. Probably by early May. We have many Amish farms here and in adjoining countys and of course they only use work horses and mules to pull equipment. 

Quote when You do some photos please. Amish farming its interesting as well

2 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

brilliant build,the photo of the underside is fantastic to see all the craft and detail you have put in John

Thanks Jamie, there's still a bit of pipework to go under there, but it's almost there!

1 hour ago, Dusty Dan said:

Just gorgeous! 

Thank you Corky!

34 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Fantastic work there John... with all these hand built beauties your building i reckon you should have a table at Penrith and show them off in the flesh ;)

Cheers Paul, I keep thinking about it, but like a lot of things I find that's probably about as far as I'll get with it!:D