Dusty Dan’s collection

Dusty Dan

The old John Deere with a manure spreader. I think it’s a model 60, it came with a scoop for the front of the tractor but it’s long gone. The manure spreader still works  with the handles. I have had it since I was about eight years old. That’s a very long time ago. 

42AE6B27-940E-4CA7-9153-477222726C3D.jpeg

Edited by Dusty Dan
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, SPN said:

Have you checked the box for the mirrors for the 8400. They came seperate if I remember correctly.

Oh, I should have explained, that is about 15 years old, at least. My wife got it for me as a birthday present at a hardware store. Those mirrors are long gone. They fell off, got broken off or just disappeared. Thanks for your reply. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 6:59 AM, justy 46 said:

Nice collection there Dan. Is the first JD & muckspreader an Ertl ..?

Thank you. I apologize, I did not see your question until today, Monday at 11:27 am eastern USA time. That  tractor and manure spreader is very old and has no mfg. stamp on either one. They were mine when I was a kid and from around 1953. The tractor is what I think is called pressed steel or cast aluminum and the spreader is plain metal material. The tractor originally came with a scoop for the front. I think it may be an ESCI/Ertl brand, which was the company back in the late 1940’s, early 1950’s. There was also an Eska brand back then and they looked similar according to the internet. The manure spreader that was online looked exactly like mine and it said it was an Eska. The spreader actually still works when you move the levers in the front. I am surprised that the JD insignia is still as good as it is. 

Edited by Dusty Dan
  • Like 3